SURE FIRE UHR

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
Ok so in a few threads here, as well as clearly printed pics of the factory rechargeable battery pack on several vendors sites that sell the UDR, the label that is placed on the exterior of the anodized pack of the UDR Dominator - says - for use in UDR/UHR only. Upon further inquiry to the factory support line about what is the UHR - the response indicated something to come in the near future. Dam that would suck if the UDR that was just released and the bigger, brighter, or more optioned UHR is released. Does anyone know if there is a trade - up program available for these situations, and what the heck is the UHR???

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if it is the UHR but at the same time in Y2K SureFire filed an application for the 'Dominator' trademark, they filed one for 'Devastator':

https://trademarks.justia.com/760/00/devastator-76000317.html

Of course, some of SF's filed trademarks, like 'The Eye of Allah', have never (that we know) been used:

https://trademarks.justia.com/784/70/the-eye-of-allah-78470388.html

Just checked, the Devastator was the incandescent SF M4 so probably that's not it... :thinking:

Last edited:

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the feedback guys. But I don't think this is pie in the sky, as they say. This UHR designation is actually printed on current UDR battery label as - for UDR/UHR use only - meaning it is something coming soon, or it is already made and not yet released. So had anybody seen the Sure Fire display at the shot show, and they had something that was similar to the handle size of the UDR - that may accept the same battery, but it doesn't have a designated name yet?

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was in the 2013 shot show that they had the 5,000 lumen (GREEN lumens) annihilator. if I recall correctly the handle was about the same size of the dominator.

GMUGNIER

Newly Enlightened
I wondered how long it would be before someone asked about this. The UDH, if produced, will be more powerful than the UDR.

Yes it will - But my question is why they have produced a battery pack that has the model number and no-one seems to know what it is. It does seem reasonable that the 5000 lumen Anihilator is probably the light that they are referring to, however it hasn't been officially recognized as the UHR.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it will - But my question is why they have produced a battery pack that has the model number and no-one seems to know what it is. It does seem reasonable that the 5000 lumen Anihilator is probably the light that they are referring to, however it hasn't been officially recognized as the UHR.

I don't think it was the Annihilator. The light in question was still under development when the Dominator was released so its model number was listed on the battery pack. I don't know what its status is now.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe it will be a surprise at the next shot show? seems like Jim might know a little more than he's letting on:poke:

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe it will be a surprise at the next shot show? seems like Jim might know a little more than he's letting on:poke:

Now you guys know everything that I think I know. I saw the second model designation when I had the UDR for review and asked about it then, which was when I was told about the other light under development. That was 10 months ago and I haven't asked, or heard, anything since.

I'm looking forward to SHOT and hopefully there will be some neat surprises there!