MecArmy IllumineX (10180, XP-G2, TIR optic) Photos, Impressions

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys, I would like to show my smallest flashlights. These flashlights use 10180 li-ion battery, TIR optic and built-in charger. Available six version, three Titanium (polished, matte, bluish), stainless steel and two copper version. Now I will show one Ti and the SS edition.

Official description, features etc. pls check the manual (own scan)

My impressions

Pros

+ High machining quality, especially SS version looks very nice
+ Well lubricated thread/o-rings
+ Well centered led (not 100% centered, but very good)
+ Nice beam type (not perfect unified/homogenous circle hotspot on the wall as. eg Olight S1, but good + I've not seen rings or other irritating things) Overall the beam type is very good.
+ Nice white tint with slightly neutral effect
+ Simple two mode, low (8lm) and high (130lm) (low mode is plenty enough in most situation)
++ NO PWM or other irritating flickering effect
++ NO buzzing sounds
+ Rechargeable
+ Built in chargers stop 4.16V (SS) and 4.18V (Ti), so this is very good
+ The battery is not a special built-in battery, this is a standard, simple 10180 cell
+ Two spare o-rings
+ IPX-8 waterproof
+ tail stand capable (Ti version is more stable)
+ 5 years warranty

Cons

- They not give USB cable

Other comments

° batteries original voltage was 3.45V (SS) and 3.79V (Ti)
° Slightly optimistic runtime in low mode (6h) (check own test)
° As I know the built in charger use CC/CV charging algorithm

23238337_85a2cb44a26b47b50a44332067933c18_l.jpg

If you need a nice, real tiny keychain light, I recommend MecArmy IllumineX. This is a complete package with battery and built-in charger, just don't forget, you need a (micro) USB cable.

And now the photos. Later, I will share more pics and beamshots

23249727_35a813d515b5ab924564950e4af98567_s.jpg

Thanks for watching

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks Str8stroke

aluminium versions now available in five color, red, blue, gold, grey and black, cheaper than Ti, SS, Copper version.

23252501_795d2197c6acb79fa220750d3492f3fb_l.jpg

23252503_737924f73c7c1496a6ed9ff1157fd62d_l.jpg

akhyar

Enlightened
Nice finding, but from the photos, the crenelations on the body and the fancy colours are not for me.
Still prefer the sleek and minimalist look of the Ti, Cu/Brass and SS versions.

Are the Al versions from by MecArmy or CooYoo brands?

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same lights (MecArmy and Cooyoo) but Cooyoo brand made only for chinese market. I know some sellers can send to EU, USA etc, but they sold these flashlights without manufacturer permission.

from manufacturer: "who bought COOYOO light online, they cannot get a good after sales service"

So, MecArmy won't provide warranty and after sales service if you have any problem with your Cooyoo flashlight(s)

Last edited:

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
...from manufacturer: "who bought COOYOO light online, they cannot get a good after sales service"

So, MecArmy won't provide warranty and after sales service if you have any problem with your Cooyoo flashlight(s)

Great. :sigh:

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a X-1 ti and a X-2 ss coming.
Where can I get a copper one?
And the aluminum ones?

Danielsan

Enlightened
Is there any low voltage protection? Like switching off under 3.0V ? It would be pretty dangerous without any protection and non protected cells

akhyar

Enlightened
Is there any low voltage protection? Like switching off under 3.0V ? It would be pretty dangerous without any protection and non protected cells

The cheaper but similarly specs CooYoo Quantum doesn't have any low voltage protection.
Not sure of the MecArmy

jag-engr

Enlightened
gopajti (or anyone else who knows),

Does the following statement mean that the light is current regulated (like foursevens Quarks and Preon ReVO), or just that the PWM is at a high enough frequency that it is not noticeable (like Fenix, Nitecore PD, and Zebralight)?
++ NO PWM or other irritating flickering effect

I am sensitive to PWM. Some lights are just unusable for me, such as the Nitecore Tube in any level but high. :green:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I took my Illuminex-4 apart and can say that it definately does not use a PWM.

My reason for dissasymbling a perfectly good (great!) little light was that I wanted a lower low mode, something more along the lines of a moonlight/firefly mode. I've annalyzed the circuit and will probably do a write up on my findings in the Homemade Forums soon.

But for sure, both modes use direct but not regulated current. IE, the brightness will drop as the voltage drops.

fnj

Enlightened
I just got the IllumineX-4 in grey. It is a world-class winner! Strikingly perfect external workmanship; at least the equal of any I have seen. The knurling is PERFECTLY done and is very welcome, especially on those occasions when you have wet/oily fingers. The finish is just superb. I can't discern any tooling marks at all. It is like a thousand-dollar special by a master artisan. Mine with the grey finish looks to me to be shot-blasted and painted; perhaps in powder coat. At any rate, it is ultra-pleasingly de-mirrored. It very much resembles super-high-quality shot-blasted titanium.

Even the tiny printing is amazingly perfect. At first I thought there was a slight defect in the A of MecArmy, but it's not; it is a star symbol.

The USB charging port is insanely clever, the way it is waterproof without any kind of hoaky rubber cover to remove.

I was at first very disappointed to see that there was no LV protection, but I must say, all it takes is discipline. Even if you always use low, just check high from time to time. When high gets noticeably dimmer, it is time to recharge. And besides, 10180s are dirt cheap and there is darn little magic explosive inside them.

I've been using an Orb Wee Ti on my keychain for must be 8 years now, and have always loved it (BTW, I think I'm on my first recharge of the 10180 since I got it!). Its place is now going to yield to the MecArmy. It is significantly smaller, significantly brighter, and two-brightness, and the clearly high-quality built-in charger is sublime.

To our friend who wrote complaining about the colors: just get the grey or the black. It doesn't claim to be anodized, and probably isn't, but both these colors are beautiful.

Whoever is personally responsible for the design and execution of this jewel: kudos and thank you.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Agreed!! They absolutely hit it out of the park with this little light.

I think the 10180 is going to hold up well. I've been using the heck out of mine and after being charged up three days ago and getting shown off at a party where everyone wanted to try it out, it is still close to fully charged.
P3130537_zpsapd6qit0.jpg

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I've noticed that the O-ring likes to migrate out of its groove if it isn't lubed up pretty well and it will get chewed up by the lid grooves.

I've had good results keeping it in place by lubing it up with silicone grease.

Last edited:

sunny_nites

Enlightened
gopatji - thanks for posting the pdf of the user manual. I managed to tear mine in half opening the package.:ironic: