*new* Olight SR Mini Intimidator II (kit)

kj2

Flashaholic
4b3805d08417423ecd5fedb17d38ac09.jpg

0a508c56e5946eae627a58a77b9fc968.jpg

409f433a61d905ab88bb9d43569505dd.jpg

defbb40de0156565c56e09c64d7760aa.jpg

1cfbb53aefc3f96a9db94b3c19bed190.jpg

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only a small update in performance to the SR Mini. I was hoping it would utilize some of the newer Cree powerhouse LEDs.

Jida

Newly Enlightened
Does it have an acrylic lens? Are those considered OK now on the top end?

Side switch :(

I am getting flashbacks to the terrible interface these lights are picking up now with the 'hold down for a second' to turn them on.

kj2

Flashaholic
Does it have an acrylic lens? Are those considered OK now on the top end?

Side switch :(

I am getting flashbacks to the terrible interface these lights are picking up now with the 'hold down for a second' to turn them on.

Yes on the lens. If it would be glass, it would sky rocket the price.
UI is fine for me. It's not an EDC.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This and an SR52UT look like a perfect pair. Wonder exactly how the UI will work? I never bought the first gen because I didn't like that turbo was only momentary and there is no NW, still want NW

ven

Flashaholic
Like it, like the bezel and imo an improvement that it can be sat face down over the novelty bezel of old. Like the USB option now for extra flexibility when needed, just wish they would throw another couple of modes,maybe a 1lm and 30lm in there.

Other than modes, would have liked to see a different led/s used, be it MKR or XHP70 but thats me:tinfoil:.

sandalian

Enlightened
Like the bezel design, but I don't think I'll get one because multi batteries configuration is out of my preference.

kj2

Flashaholic
This and an SR52UT look like a perfect pair. Wonder exactly how the UI will work? I never bought the first gen because I didn't like that turbo was only momentary and there is no NW, still want NW

There is no runtime given for the max mode, so I assume it's a burst ( hold down the button)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew there was a new one coming, I have seen the old for sale everywhere. Its shame I was hoping for a nicier led choice and a lower level or almost moon mode . Almost the ultimate camp light.

phycha

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone bought in on the pre-order for this? I was watching olights site and it jumped from mid October to mid November ship date.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I an outlier in wishing these lights used HI LEDs? To get all those lumens, these sized lights always use multiple emitters with tiny reflectors, and the result is a floody light. XPL HI LEDs would sacrifice a few lumens (or will it?) but double the candlepower, that seems totally appealing to me. For my particular light usages, I can't find a fit for this light as-is, but think I could with HI LEDs.

phycha

Newly Enlightened
From my understanding the XPL HI is optimized to improve throw. This class of light being small with multiple emitters makes for a poor thrower so olight went the other way pushing for huge smooth flood instead. Putting your best foot forward as I see it.

The SR52-UT is almost the same body but with a single XPL HI and matched reflector. It puts its best foot forward as is an amazing thrower.