Cable voltage rating?

Enlightened
I was browsing on Digikey for cabling to use with some projects and came across this.

On that spec table it says the rated voltage is 300Vdc and in the product pdf spec sheet it says the rated current is 7A, 12Vdc. I don't understand the relationship between these two numbers, if any at all.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are trying to compare the ratings of the wire to the ratings of the cable assembly. Since this has a connector on the end of it, you have to consider the ratings of both the connector and the wire when determining specs for the assembly.

turbodog

Flashaholic
That should be the rating of the insulation. The wire's current carrying ability is another matter altogether.

The spec says 18awg (gauge). That sounds about right to carry 7 amps.

Enlightened
You are trying to compare the ratings of the wire to the ratings of the cable assembly. Since this has a connector on the end of it, you have to consider the ratings of both the connector and the wire when determining specs for the assembly.
I see. Given the numbers there and apparent lack of information about the connector, would it be not advisable to attach this to something like a 36V COB? If this is something that would cause arcing I am going to stick with taped down direct wire connections.