arc-ls on find! think tv 16 pbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gransee's product just got some airtime.
looks like antique appraisers like them too!

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
if they play the same sequence of shows it will be on after antiques roadshow.
looks like the ls is getting seen by the public.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Find! was on in Cleveland, Ohio tonigtht after the Antique Road Show on PBS Channel 25.

Thew brothers were evaluating a chest of drawers and were indeed using an ARC LS to check out the dark corners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ender

Newly Enlightened
Peter,

I saw the thread so I set a wish list in Tivo for that show. If I see the episode in question I can save it off for you.

Alan

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I instructed my tivo to go after it too but I think the episode being discussed has already aired.

Peter

Mattman

Enlightened
Snakebite, I saw this thread just after you posted, but I thought that maybe there was a big coincidence and someone else had a Think TV 16...I was wrong and I missed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tivo has been grabbing it for several weeks and this past weekend it struck gold. The most recent episode clearly shows and LSH-P being used to invesitigate antique, etc. We have about 5-10 minutes of air time.

Peter

springnr

Enlightened
I was walking through the living room this weekend and did a double take when I saw the ARC LS being used. I don't remember if it was Leigh or Leslie Keno because I was looking at the beam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fair Use probably allows me a short clip but I will post some photos instead (see below). I encourage you to tune in and check it out. I couldn't find a website for the program but there was this blurb on our local PBS website:

Find!
Leigh and Leslie Keno, known to PBS viewers from their appearances on ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, celebrate the world of antiques, furnishings, design and style. The twins visit viewers' homes around the country, searching for hidden treasures. They call upon experts in conservation, restoration, reproductions and other fields to help viewers learn more about the objects around them. Then they visit interior designers in show houses and private homes. The mixing of the old and the new in these segments inspire viewers to take a fresh look at their own homes.

In Stereo (CC)

Upcoming and recent airings:

Saturday, February 14, 10:30am
Episode description

Saturday, February 21, 10:30am
Episode description

Saturday, February 28, 10:30am
Episode description

In some of the older programs, they use maglites. Here are some screen captures with an LSH-(P?):

findtv1.jpg

findtv2.jpg

findtv3.jpg

findtv4.jpg

findtv5.jpg

I do not know the exact reason they choose to use our light. I am guessing it has something to do with the color rendition of our lights helping them with their apraisals.

Thanks for spotting this snakebite!

Peter

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i wonder if they know about CPF and are actually members here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
why not shoot them an email?
and better color rendition is the most likely reason.
i use my ls a lot working on pcb's to id resistors ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.