run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: zebra killer T01

Not sure I believe..

d0164ff859f24598794d1e3e893e75af.jpg

Edit:
OP's Original post was edited, no longer has same content or title.
This is why posts like those above and mine are here.

Just so you see what happened here...

6a64cf7a3546c7801536d3aaaf04b721.jpg

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened

So, if you have a Chinese sounding name with few posts you are a shill now, are you? I'd like a little more evidence.

The light itself looks pretty good imho, although at the $69 price level, it ought to be. I'd prefer a nice stainless steel bezel without the crenellations, but the specs look excellent. Looking forward to seeing a review of this one.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

So, if you have a Chinese sounding name with few posts you are a shill now, are you? I'd like a little more evidence.

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. He just joined this month. Chances are, after he's finished spamming, he'll never be back.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting light but is quite large and heavy. It's designed as an EDC type of thrower but it's too large and bulky for that IMO. I wonder what the UI is like, Zebralights is tough to beat.

markr6

Flashaholic

Yeah I guess I agree with the OP. Zebralight sucks. Not many threads about them here and they just don't seem very popular. I did a google search but came up with very little on them.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like a nice light. Machining looks great too. That head is huge though! A good chunk of Zebralight's popularity stems from their small form factors. So in that essence, this looks more like a Nitecore MH20 competitor. The other big chunk would be Zebralight's UI, so wonder how this one's is.

fnsooner

Enlightened

They ought to call it the Lionlight. For a couple of reasons.:crackup:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah I guess I agree with the OP. Zebralight sucks. Not many threads about them here and they just don't seem very popular. I did a google search but came up with very little on them.
Oh no! The Zebra Killer got them! Aaaagh! One of my favorite flashlight companies... GONE!

Just like that! :(

RCWARD

Newly Enlightened
Re: *NEW* zebra killer T01

Never even heard of that one. was it any good?

akhyar

Enlightened

Suddenly new members with single-digit posts congregate here.
Like moths to a flame

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
*NEW* zebra killer T01

Manker is the company that jashhash is working with for his kickstarter light. I think I recall this light from that thread. It does seem Manker is able to do some funky things with the electronics. Would like more specs.

Proper review here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/408552

Last edited:

jashhash

Enlightened

Yes, Mr. Floppy I've been encouraging Mr Manker to become more active on CPF because we all know the only way to establish a reputable flashlight company is with the blessing of the members here on CPF. With that said the poster , zhou, here is not Mr. Manker, rather he is one of Manker's employees botching an attempt at making a forum introduction. Mr Manker wanted Zhou to write on his behalf since he's not confident in his own English language skill, also as a somewhat introverted engineer he doesn't feel that he is charismatic enough to represent himself here. It's funny, :p I received PM this morning from Manker asking me to perform some damage repair after seeing all these responses. I told him that it's OK to be introverted on the forum, after all there are a heck of a lot of engineers on this forum who would be more than understanding, what's important is that he can represent himself in his own words. That being said I chose to work with Mr Manker on my personal project because he is an amazingly talented electrical engineer. He was the only one I could find here in China who is able to write a circuit that is completely constant current in 4 brightness modes, small enough to fit inside an AA light, while also able to accept LiIon, Alkaline, and NiMah batteries and I'm proud that he can be a part of my team. I hope you can all forgive this rather crass introduction and give Mr Manker a chance.

Last edited:

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for clearing that up mate, no worries from me. The best way to engage with the cpf family is handing out those pre release samples for review as it seems like mr Manker has done. There's two floating about now and it looks good, let the product speak for itself. Just wish I could do a review, if I could ever get it together and get my light box set up going.

Status
Not open for further replies.