colight

Enlightened
http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=1189&tid=11&cid=1#.VgUTw7mepHY
201592515250634318_zpslkxishwj.jpg

201592515251583591_zpskycpyi3t.jpg

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: *2015* Fenix E25UE,2x14500 or 2xAA,max 1000 lumens

Looks like a nice complement for the Fenix E20.

I like the mode spacing of the Fenix E25 Ultimate Edition: 5, 50, 160, 350, and 1000 lumens. No moonlight mode, but otherwise good for my uses.

Thermal sensors control step-down.

Tint is excellent, provided you like cool white. I appreciate that Fenix provides flux bin information for the Cree XP-L emitter used in this light. I wish all flashlight manufacturers would do that. The emitter in the E25UE is binned at V5.

kj2

Flashaholic
That's quite an output! :D 1000 lumens from 2x AA size light. But these Fenix Ultimate Edition lights were rare. Nowadays, they release a UE version of almost every light they've released. Takes the specialty away a bit IMO.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
You need a pair of 14500s to get 1000lm... Though "dual fuel" makes it a very versatile light and great for any occasion.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like Fenix is going to slimmed down heads.
I'm liking that design, hope it does not impede throw.

The buttons, look like another OEM idea, this will remain to be seen if OK IMO, other lights have stand by drain, will Fenix skate by this issue or join them I wonder, honestly.
I am a Fenix fan ftr.

Hey, this should tail stand☺

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty impressive light by Fenix. Efficiency looks good for both battery chemistries and output on 14500 is excellent. Only thing I'm not sure about is the UI, with the "general" mode switch used for everything from turning it off to selecting the brightness modes. Holding that to turn it off might take some getting used to, I'm used to the Nitecore setup of the 2 switches with one turning it on/off and the other being the mode changer. Nice light though would be an excellent around the house or outdoor light.

1DaveN

Enlightened
I'm looking forward to a review, particularly to see if the switch is awkward. But even if it is, what could be better than a light with all these battery choices?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is awesome, just wish it was neutral tint and had a tail switch. May have to get one, deal with the side switch and have it swapped to a 4000K emitter. 1000 lumens from a light in this platform really intrigues me

wjv

Enlightened
Add a tail switch and this is what the new LD22 should have been. . .

ronniepudding

Enlightened
... Only thing I'm not sure about is the UI, with the "general" mode switch used for everything from turning it off to selecting the brightness modes. Holding that to turn it off might take some getting used to, I'm used to the Nitecore setup of the 2 switches with one turning it on/off and the other being the mode changer.

+1 on the strange UI choice -- I don't mind the long press to power off so much, but having a dedicated button for the blinky modes isn't aligned with my use patterns. I want strobe LESS likely to be accidentally activated, not given it's own, dedicated button right next to the power button for crissakes. I can see clicking the wrong button -- and getting an unwanted strobing -- fairly frequently. =(

I'd have much preferred one button for on/off, and the second button for mode changes. That could have eliminated the need for long presses when manipulating the steady modes, and left it for adding strobe/SOS and/or turbo boost as a long press.

wjv

Enlightened
I now have a couple Fenix lights with the single side switch. It's OK, but I really would prefer the 2 switch system. With one switch there is no momentary mode which is something I use quite a bit.

I like Fenix, but it seems like I am having to look at other brands more and more to find what I like.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix Outfitters has it listed for 49.99.

There is also a new AA/14500 headlamp available with........., wait for it..........., a 0.5 lumen moonlight mode! It also uses a neutral tint XPG2, I will be getting one of them for sure. I have renewed hope in Fenix, a moon light mode and neutral tint

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this a Typo or are 2*AA NiMH cells really making 1000 lumens now......but wholly crap if that's even possible this is a must have for me.

bigC

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dual springs and dual fuel.
I want this.
350 is doable on back up NiMH.
Should be a nice cold weather blaster!
Retail shelved too, woot!

holygeez03

Enlightened
Are most of the 14500 cells out there going to run OK in this configuration, without over-discharging one another?