Any such thing as a Lithium AAA battery?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

If not, why not? Engergizer makes them in a AA configuration. Heck, there's even Lithium 9v batteries.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

They MAKE them... but where can you FIND them? And how much?
http://data.energizer.com/

AA in lithium = 2900 mAH

------------------
If you know what's good for YOU, vote Libertarian.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A regular energizer AA is rated at 2850. A set of two lithium AA's gives me 100 more.

I put those in the Brinkman yesterday. And put the Brinkman in my glove box. It's FREEZING around here. I needed a reliable light for my vehicle. (besideds the turchoise photon on my keys!!)

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only seen 9V, D (3v) and AA lithiums. And C online. Also 3V like the D. If I see a AAA anywhere I'll post it here.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, where did you see lithium C's? I would put them in my Expedition! Thanks!

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
I have only seen 9V, D (3v) and AA lithiums. And C online. Also 3V like the D. If I see a AAA anywhere I'll post it here.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the manufacturer's website www.ultralifebatteries.com but I know of no dealers carrying them. The only one I've seen in the stores listed is the 9V. And the C, D cells have a strange positive button. Making it look proprietary.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
Ok, where did you see lithium C's? I would put them in my Expedition! Thanks!

Doug
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that's such a "bright" idea.
The Expedition already drives its LEDs to near the failure point; and the extra 0.6 volts that the three lithium cells would give may just be enough to put the LEDs out of their misery for good! :x

For very brief activations, you may get more light, but leaving it on for more than a minute or so might spell the end of a $65.00 flashlight.
frown.gif

Another flashlight where lithiums are a "no-no" is the original Turtlelite 1. They're OK in the Turtlelite II however.

Lithium "AAA" cells... I'd like to see those sometime. Might give longer life in my high-drain green laser pointer.
smile.gif

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

------------------

FNG

Enlightened
Energizer makes them. I have a package here but it doesnt show the store name or anything. On the back, it says the website is www.energizer-e2.com but it doesnt exist when I try to go to it. Anyone know if itll hurt the Arc AAA?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FNG:
Energizer makes them. I have a package here but it doesnt show the store name or anything. On the back, it says the website is www.energizer-e2.com but it doesnt exist when I try to go to it. Anyone know if itll hurt the Arc AAA?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
----------------
as of June 2001, from the bunnie's lips:
----------------
Dear Ted,

Thank you for visiting Energizer's Web site and also for your interest in
our lithium batteries.
Unfortunately, we do not manufacture "AAA" lithium cells. At this time, we
are only manufacturing "AA" and 9 volt lithium batteries. I would recommend
that you periodically visit our Web site to determine whether or not we will
be manufacturing an "AAA" lithium cell in the future. In the meantime, I
have forwarded your comments to Energizer's Product Design and Development
Team for future consideration.
Hopefully, this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for
visiting our Web site. Please feel free to contact us with future questions, comments, or concerns.
Heather
Energizer Consumer Relations
--------------------------

Bright Scouter

Enlightened
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FNG:
Energizer makes them. I have a package here but it doesnt show the store name or anything. On the back, it says the website is www.energizer-e2.com but it doesnt exist when I try to go to it. Anyone know if itll hurt the Arc AAA?

Could it be the E2 Titanium that you have? They do make those in AAA.

Anath

Newly Enlightened
Just a thought, but perhaps you could take the 9v energiser lithium apart and see if there are any little AAAA lithium's in it.

data.energizer.com/batteryinfo/application_manuals/9v_lithium.htm

they seem to have 1200mA, and are only just a teensy bit shorter, and thinner than a AAA. maybe try one in an ArcAAA with some foil scrunched in the end, and some foam (or a few $50 bills) around it
grin.gif
grin.gif

FNG

Enlightened
sorry guys it was the titanium. i thought it was lithium because of the

D

**DONOTDELETE**

FNG, you're not the only one, man. I wonder what word they'll use next to fool the battery consuming public, mmm. How about
"Lithuanian" Energizers?

Brock

Flashaholic
Just a thought, but perhaps you could take the 9v energiser lithium apart and see if there are any little AAAA lithium's in it.

Nope
frown.gif
they are retangular cells stacked on top of each other.

Anath

Newly Enlightened
That's interesting.. 3 cells, each 3v @ 1200mA I presume?

any chance of a picture? are they stacked on top of each other (w26.3mm x l16.9mm x h16.1mm), or side-by-side?

the individual cells sound 'very useful indeed'
wink.gif

grin.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local "Batteries Plus" sales person seems to think that Energizer will be coming out with 1.7v lithium AAA's in a couple of months. He says it is because digicams are getting smaller and starting to use the AAA size more often.

AAA is gradually appearing more in portable applications. Pagers, MP3 players, GPS, PDAs, etc. It used to be those (comparable) devices were powered by 9volt and AA batteries. The overall trend with electronic devices over the years is that the battery powering the device has gotten smaller. Remember when portable radios where powered by "B" cells?

Peter

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gransee:
My local "Batteries Plus" sales person seems to think that Energizer will be coming out with 1.7v lithium AAA's in a couple of months. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About two and half, or three years ago I got a wireless indoor outdoor thermometer made by Oregon Scientific. In the documentation it recommended that the remote sensor use lithium AAA batteries in the winter. I looked all over, but never found them. I've been using alkaline, and have never had a problem, but then the winters here in Salem are relatively mild. Apparently Oregon Scientific was anticipating lithium AAA at that time. Since then they've enlarged the size of their sensors and switched to using AA size batteries.