Nitecore TM 16 Tip

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I'm a new owner of the TM 16 as the price has come down a bit and I love it. I am shocked to see just how far it extends! My family loves Nitecore, especially the SRT series and use Fenix soft diffuser caps for indoor reading, and for general nighttime wake up trips to the bathroom, etc. The softness of the Fenix caps means guidance without waking others up, nor that "watch where you point that!" discourse that sometimes can happen with powerful lumens.

Here is my tip, however, that may prove useful to some.

Like the other products from Nitecore, it is well made and I like being able to keep the flash on, so it can be found at night. I don't know if this is a useful tip for you, depending upon where you live but here goes:

When we go to let out the dog (or new puppy) at night, it is crucial that we first use the flashlight without diffuser cap, to quickly scan the perimeter of the yard. Intruders will quickly scatter at the light.

Last summer, I failed, one time, to follow my own advice and my German Shepherd bolted after a...

skunk.

Even with a skunk on the opposite side of the fence,

dog lost.

With every remedy known to mankind, it was not for several months that he was completely odor free. Even the collar had remnants of the odor.

A simple scanning of the perimeter always works.

If you go for walks in rural areas where there is much darkness up ahead, the TM 16, for example, hits for hundreds of yards and will give Pepe LePew and any relatives, ample notice to move on. I have found this method to work quite well. We have a grave yard that we enjoy walking through at night but it is avoided by most dog walkers due to skunks. If they only had a Tiny Monster they would know the secret to our successful and peaceful walks, even as we stop to meander at very old gravesites along the way.

The light and nocturnal creatures are like oil and vinegar and most creatures would prefer to just move on and with enough notice, the skunk feels no need to spare.

With the flashing tactical defense, it is just another reason (or excuse) to give to non flashaholics. Now if I could only find a camping like diffuser cap for the TM 16, I would be even happier!