• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Christo lube?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Don,

Which one of the Christo Lubes do your use for your flashlights? They make so many different types for a cross section of advanced industries. Although when I see photos of fighter jets, toxic comes to mind, however they make some for use in food preparation as well.

I think many of us would like to try it out. I would certainly love to try some, this looks like some very high quality lube for our special custom lights.

Thanks so much,

RL

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
As far as I know, either the MCG 111 or 129 is fine and both are likely serious overkill. I had come up with a mix of Krytox oil and grease back when I was building the PD's and LunaSols and looking for a lube that would not get sticky when left unused for a bit. The Krytox blend worked great but getting a hold of it was a PITA. One of the CPF members at the time informed me that he sourced the christo lube as being an equivalent alternative but easier to get a hold of. I purchased some and found it to be viable and have not gone back to the Krytox since. I have noticed that the UW camera housings and ports that I have purchased in the last few years come with a similar white grease for the O-rings whereas in the past, it was silicone grease that was provided.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Last time I placed an order, Krytox 50/50 was still available at the Shoppe.

Even one small bottle has lasted me quite a long time ....

Thanks for the info on these other options, too.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Don,

To the best of your knowledge, is this grease safe for all types of O-Rings, or do we have to have different greases to serve different O-Rings, so they do not go wrong on us?

Oh, and also, I am loving the new Sapphire from you what a great little light! May have to get one for my wife.

Thanks, Don

Best,

NR

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Don,

To the best of your knowledge, is this grease safe for all types of O-Rings, or do we have to have different greases to serve different O-Rings, so they do not go wrong on us?

I don't use the buna O-rings so no experience with them but this grease is fine with the EPDM and Silicone.