Forgetting a Light When it Matters

Lightups

Newly Enlightened
A while back my neighbor's oven caught on fire, and I didn't take a light with me when I went over to put it out. I was so focused on grabbing the fire extinguisher off the wall, getting the pin off, calling 911, that taking a light(even though I have about four around me) never even crossed my mind. It was only afterward when I realized. Only then did I go ] grab a light, and used it to signal the fire truck.

I have multiple lights scattered throughout the house. But when it really mattered I didn't take a single one with me.

Anyone else forget a light when it could have really mattered?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
At lest you were able to get it put out! After my forgetting lights in twice in the same week I double check to make sure I always physically have at least one light on me, usually two now. Its one of those things that I guess takes something important happening to really ingrain it into you.

Here is a similar thread I started after my incidents, luckily nothing as major as yours:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ght-without-your-light-and-need-it&highlight=

whill44

Enlightened
Like you (at lest in this instance) I've had flashlights all around me, but never in my hand when I need them. I tried some of the cheap AA that were being sold at that time, but nothing was small enough or bright enough to keep on me. Then the Maratac AAA came out. Now with all the small bright AAA's available If I have pockets I have a light on me.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC, last thing removed entering bed.
EDC, first thing equipped exiting bed.

Cheers for helping neighbors!!
+10

B0rt

Newly Enlightened
EDC, last thing removed entering bed.
EDC, first thing equipped exiting bed.

Cheers for helping neighbors!!
+10

Exactly like Mr. Black Bird said: As long as I am awake I always have a light somewhere on my person.
In addition I always have at least one light in every jacket and bag that are not in summer/winter storage.

Same goes for knives/multitools :D

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly like Mr. Black Bird said: As long as I am awake I always have a light somewhere on my person.
In addition I always have at least one light in every jacket and bag that are not in summer/winter storage.

Same goes for knives/multitools :D
I will never be without a light. I EDC and I mean it. 3 or 4 lights minimum just to walk outside in the daytime.

Power outage? It goes up to about 18-20 maybe.

jmwking

Newly Enlightened
I always have at least one of my Zebras on me, usually two, and within easy reach at bedtime.

-jk

BennyBoomBox

Newly Enlightened
At lest you were able to get it put out! After my forgetting lights in twice in the same week I double check to make sure I always physically have at least one light on me, usually two now. Its one of those things that I guess takes something important happening to really ingrain it into you.

Here is a similar thread I started after my incidents, luckily nothing as major as yours:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ght-without-your-light-and-need-it&highlight=

Same here with always havein a light physically on me. Have a E05 on a keyback that is always on my front right belt loop I now even have dreams and my light is with me due to habit of playing/using/having it.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here with always havein a light physically on me. Have a E05 on a keyback that is always on my front right belt loop I now even have dreams and my light is with me due to habit of playing/using/having it.
Have you ever dreamed that your flashlight didn't work? Horrible. You wake up and turn it on just to comfort yourself. No, not broken. Just a dream.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a bad dream, we don't want to speak of it anymore MV😰.

Ever get to a locked door and think for a second,
which light are you going to put away first?

Flashy808

Enlightened
Quite a few times actually. Always not there when it mattered... Whereas if you EDC you can't go wrong. Good on you for helping out a neighbour though!