Any plans for Olight upgrading their SR Big Lights?

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings,

Checking to see if anyone knows if Olight has any plans to beef up their already beefy SR lights? It would be nice to see
an XHP 50 in an SR95 format. I'm fond of the larger SR lights and would love to see some creativity in an awesome form factor.

Hoping that our friends a gg can chime in or give us some info.

Cheers,
RC

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it. The names may remain but I forsee a pretty big downsizing of those massive lights with the advent of de doming in the factory and the XP-L HI as well as cells like the new 3500mah 10amp 18650's. A good thing really itd actually be kind of silly if they made them even larger. The Javelot and UT series have been the biggest smash I believe Olight has ever had and rightfully so. So at the most expect smaller redesigns of the monster Olights....

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thanks for the response Celtic. I like the big Olight's because of their balanced battery packs. Balanced in terms of charging and quite actually in weight. Not to mention, they feel like their solid through and through and for a bump in the night it's not bad to have a light that's solid like that. Plus I'm personally not a huge fan of multi-lithium batteries in sealed up lights - unless of course their running on a balanced circuit - like the packs on the Olight's. It'd also still be great to see them try something with the newer led's especially in a format like the SR96 which got a bad rap because it was very weak on throw. Having an SR96 beam profile with 70K candela for throw or more I think would have brought that light way more sales. If indeed you are correct, perhaps they'll just discontinue the big lights all together and thus doing away with the battery packs, so perhaps some clearance this year on black friday. Hopefully Marshall sees this and can chime in because he's got a good relationship with the folks at Olight. On separate note - I did wind up getting the ET G25C2 XPL and yeah it throws awesome.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olights US headquarters/US warranty dpt. is now from what I understand in the same building as GG or the same business park one of the two so GG of course now has the best relationship with Olight in the entire country. I am sure Marshall has much greater knowledge about Olights plans for the model range than anybody else. Im sure he wont admit to it as he has lights to sell. I am not a fan of sealed battery packs. The only lights I find where that is acceptable are lights that take 2x+ 32650's like my ET MX25L2 Turbo Head. I have no charger that can fit a 32650 so that is fine.

I am sure the monster size light segment of the market will never go away but I predict it to shrink considerably as battery tech advances over the next 16 months. Expect 4000mah give or take 18650's first from Panasonic then Sanyo, Samsung and LG. I predict the bigger light manufacturers have lights on the drawing board ready to go that are based on the coming cells.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Olights US headquarters/US warranty dpt. is now from what I understand in the same building as GG or the same business park one of the two so GG of course now has the best relationship with Olight in the entire country. I am sure Marshall has much greater knowledge about Olights plans for the model range than anybody else. Im sure he wont admit to it as he has lights to sell. I am not a fan of sealed battery packs. The only lights I find where that is acceptable are lights that take 2x+ 32650's like my ET MX25L2 Turbo Head. I have no charger that can fit a 32650 so that is fine.

I am sure the monster size light segment of the market will never go away but I predict it to shrink considerably as battery tech advances over the next 16 months. Expect 4000mah give or take 18650's first from Panasonic then Sanyo, Samsung and LG. I predict the bigger light manufacturers have lights on the drawing board ready to go that are based on the coming cells.

My recommendation was to drop the SR battery pack lights in favor of smaller units, but the line still sells well. At the least, they all need an overhaul. It is a cool platform.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Always great to hear from cpf celebrity. .. ! Good! If that's indeed the case, then we'll hopefully see some sales during the holiday season going down. The bigger lights such as our beloved olight sr series i think have much to offer. We must not forget that such lights are Also designed for substantial run times at an aggressive output. When used in the situations they were designed for then i benevolent the frame makes sense. Again if marsh says that indeed they sell, then the format makes sense. Just let them know then, to put the limits on tech in that frame since we know the frame works. This being said, they should be able to yield top level performance. I'm buying and hoping for a sale