Looking for a source of Streamlight Microstream Gen 1 in NOS condition

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys

For several years I have been carrying the Streamlight Microstream (Gen 1) light modded with the ITP A3 EOS Upgraded head. I have worn out a couple of these lights and I am looking for a source of them so I can keep using them and giving them as gifts.

Also, did the Streamlight Stylus Pro come apart like the Microstream? If they come apart I'd like to try to mod one of them with the ITP head.

Thanks in advance for your help
jonblack

Last edited:

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
I found some eBay vendors who appear to be selling the older version of the Streamlight Microstream. I am going to send out a few emails and see if they can verify that they are selling the model with the screw-off front cap.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Good luck is all I can say, ~0% chance of that I'm afraid. Went down that path a few years back and couldn't find any of the earlier gens in the pipeline anywhere, they are just using the old pics. Unicorns now. :)

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
Well I hate to hear that. In that case I need to start looking for a light to replace my modded Microstream.

2 or more modes
clicky tail cap
Pocket clip with tail up
AAA
Budget minded

What would you suggest?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Well I hate to hear that. In that case I need to start looking for a light to replace my modded Microstream.

2 or more modes
clicky tail cap
Pocket clip with tail up
AAA
Budget minded

What would you suggest?
recDNA has a long (long...) thread, looking for an AAA clicky that would suit his needs, many candidates are suggested there so you might want to read through it. I look into that thread on occasion, as I would like to find a viable upgrade for my comparable LD01/Microstream combo. You may find something that could suit your needs; IMO there are very few choices if you are really looking for a forward-clicky as I am. :shrug: Best of luck,

Last edited:

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
recDNA has a long (long...) thread, looking for an AAA clicky that would suit his needs, many candidates are suggested there so you might want to read through it.
Thank you for the link. I have not seen that thread some I will spend some time reading through it.

I imagine it is going to be hard to beat my current light, especially since it will run on a 10440. The user interface it pretty simple and I don't really need a bunch of bells and whistles.

I think I am going to pick up an Ultratac K18 to try out. I am sure it will be a nice light but it will be hard to beat the forward colicky on the tail of the Microstream.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
[...] I imagine it is going to be hard to beat my current light, especially since it will run on a 10440. The user interface it pretty simple and I don't really need a bunch of bells and whistles. [...] it will be hard to beat the forward clicky on the tail of the Microstream.
I couldn't agree with you more, on all points above. Best of luck and please post back in this thread with an update if you end up finding a satisfactory replacement.

jonblack

Newly Enlightened
I couldn't agree with you more, on all points above. Best of luck and please post back in this thread with an update if you end up finding a satisfactory replacement.
Rats! I was hoping someone was going to tell me there was an equivalent or better AAA option!

I will definitely update the thread if I can locate some of these. It might be worth my time to check at gun shows since a lot of the vendors drag around stuff for years trying to sell it

Zmago Javornik

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys

For several years I have been carrying the Streamlight Microstream (Gen 1) light modded with the ITP A3 EOS Upgraded head. I have worn out a couple of these lights and I am looking for a source of them so I can keep using them and giving them as gifts.

Also, did the Streamlight Stylus Pro come apart like the Microstream? If they come apart I'd like to try to mod one of them with the ITP head.

Thanks in advance for your help
jonblack

If you are still looking for Streamlight Microstream (Gen 1) you can find couple of them bran new and in origional packaging at this shop http://www.labcommerce.si/

... I regret its not in US, but who cares, if you truly wish, you will mail order it/them. Slovenija is a nery nice country near Italia and Austria, with taste of Apls and Adriatic sea ;)