interesting headlamp application/requriement

pdanlights

Newly Enlightened
Dear CPF

I have recently connected with a surgeon who does humanitarian work in Africa reated to women's health concerns.

She often is requried to perform 6+ hour surgeries under field conditions, and has asked me to design some sort of
headlamp for her work. Seems like a really fun project. Such things are available from commerical medical dealers
at a "bargain" price of > $3,000!! (ridiculous).

Anyway, here are some ideas and I welcome input:
1. We want 200+ lumens for 6+ hours.
2. Adjustable focus and maybe adjustable brightness.
3. Lightweight,comfortable headpiece which stays in place, even if the user moves his/her hand
up to the lamp assembly to adjust the focus.
4. Runtime of 6+ hours
5. Easy to obtain rechargeable power source.

I am thinking about obtaining some sort of suitable commerically available headlamp assembly and
retro-fitting it to use use a laptop battery. There are easily available, and can be transported by air
with no hassles (not true of all batteries).
My idea is some sort of "reverse washboard" assembly which hangs down the user's back (like a backpack,
but without straps). The wearer will stand or sit upright for the entire procedure.
This seems maybe better than a waistbelt holder, but I am open to ideas.
I calculate that a 60 Wh laptop battery will run a 200 lumen light for at least 6 hours, but would appreicate
someone verifying my calculation.

So, and ideas or input? I will pay any reasonable price for a high-quality headpiece and light assembly.