Eagletac T25C2 XP-L HI vs M30LC2 XP-L HI

markr6

Flashaholic
Here is a quick comparison between both lights. I really like my T25C2 pocket thrower, but the M30LC2 was hard to resist. Both examples below have the XP-L HI emitter. The T25C2 is very neutral; the M30LC2 is cool, but in a good way (I do not like cool whites).

M30LC2 is one crazy thrower for the size! Fun to play around with or for special applications, but in reality the T25C2 is the "must have" IMO. Still not a "general use" light, but much more useful and very compact.

T25C2 ~70'
IMG_3085.jpg

M30LC2 ~70'
IMG_3086.jpg

T25C2 ~230'
IMG_3092.jpg

M30LC2 ~230'
IMG_3093.jpg

Finally, a closeup shot at ~10' to show the difference in beams. Tint is pretty accurate in this shot too.
IMG_3097.jpg

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the beamshots. I would say your pics seem to represent the tint differences in my lights as well. It sure is a thrower with a nice beam that has very little artifacts.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is EXACTLY the tint my XP-L HI T25C2 module puts out good job! First time Ive seen such an accurate photo of it here...

markr6

Flashaholic
that is EXACTLY the tint my XP-L HI T25C2 module puts out good job! First time Ive seen such an accurate photo of it here...

Yes, these shots were exceptionally accurate...I'm not sure why. I didn't change anything or do any post-processing.

The big difference between these lights is amazing. Both were XP-L HI Cool whites from the same vendor AFAIK. Eagletac obviously switched them up.

Of couse, when you compare with other tints the T25C2 can be a little dingy/greenish...but you really have to compare it against something REALLY good like Nichia 219 or some of my Zebralights which are very close to the Nichia. On it's own, or against this cool white M30, very nice and creamy :)

I'll tell you what though...if all cool whites were like this M30...I dunno :whistle:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Idk that CW on the M30 looks too cool its washing out colors to much for my tastes. Man those are exceptionally good photos I will use this thread for reference.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Idk that CW on the M30 looks too cool its washing out colors to much for my tastes. Man those are exceptionally good photos I will use this thread for reference.

I forgot!! Eagletac site does list a "CREE XP-L HI V2 Neutral White LED" option! But after talking to some vendors, it sounds like it may be easier to find a two-headed leprechaun than this light with the NW XP-L HI! But yeah, a more neutral would be nice. I think most of the washing out is due to my setting the camera for the dimmer T25C first, then using same setting for the M30.

I will make an exception this ONE TIME for a cool white :) You can even see the bluish laser beam in the photos lighting up the air/dust. Crazy powerful!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah I actually came across them. I wanted to stick with Illumination Gear though. Since my T25C was cool white (but not in reality), I figured I would gamble on the M30LC2 being the same. Not even close!

Same here, and like you, I was hoping it would be the same as the T25C2. I did figure that they may be different since Eagletac was offering the first wave of XP-L HI as "limited editions" and they might have gotten more reels by then. The tint is cool white but it is consistent. It is not overly blue or purple, however.

markr6

Flashaholic
Andreas, didn't you use the M30LC2C, not the M30LC2 in these shots? I remember seeing a review but maybe I'm thinking of something else.