If you're given a choice between Eagletac D25C and Olight S10R, which one?

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Mind sharing your thoughts? As i saw both priced roughly the same.

The only difference i noticed are (besides the direct recharge on S10R) :

1) Medium at 296lm DC25C & 95lm S10R
2) Side switch vs tail clicky

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I have an S10 (non-R) and D25C... Both are very good -- and pretty different -- lights. The D25C has the advantage IMHO. I prefer tail clicky to electronic side switch.

- D25C is available w/ neutral and high CRI LEDs, great tint (S10 tint is historically bad)
- D25C has faster, better interface (subjective)
- D25C has bolt-on clip with good tension (S10 clip is bad)

On the other hand, the S10:
+ is current controlled on all modes (D25C uses PWM on low and med modes)
+ can access moonlight instantly from off (D25C has to be configured to turn moonlight on using multiple head twists)
+ has a useful magnet in the tail cap.

I like both, but the Eagletac appeals to me more.

Last edited:

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
A month ago, I'd have said S10R. Now I say D25C, after owning one. The S10s are nice lights, but the D25Cs are even better.

Taz80

Enlightened
It depends what you are using it for. For general EDC I prefer the D25C, It has much nicer tints, a better clip and is narrower. For a work EDC I prefer the S10, the magnetic tail cap and the reversible clip, (so you can clip it to your hat for hands free) are very useful. I actually EDC an M10 for work and a D25C ti for most other occasions.

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies guys.. but unfortunately, eventhough 90% of the posts here suggested D25C, i have instead purchased Olight's S10R as it's available from a local seller here.

Gonna use this for a while and see how it goes...but so far kind of like it. And again, thanks for all the recommendation on D25C..will definitely keep it in mind! :)

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight for the UI, magnet and Eagletac for neutral white/better build quality. I personally would choose the Olight for the UI as I like it better.

onthebeam

Enlightened
I have the S1 and the D25C... D25C!

As do I. Build quality and feeling of having a precision instrument in your hand makes it without question:

D25C.

You can find fantastic specials on the titanium version presently. Just great! I'm writing from Hong along, took only one light on a two week trip from usa. D25C!

Wet

Newly Enlightened
I don't have D25C but I have S10R and S200C2 and here's why I would pick S10R:

+ S10R uses heat resistant wires soldered to LED board and I haven't yet managed to melt those. However i did manage to melt S200C2 wire insulation when I took the neutral white emitter out and soldered it into my S10R. Now the spill of S10R looks white but hotspot is a bit yellowish. With the original cool white emitter the hotspot was white and spill was bluish.
+ S10R has anodized square cut threads on tailcap, whereas Eagletac seems to have bare aluminum trapezoidal threads which may be stronger but not as wear resistant.
+ On Eagletacs the clip is so firmly attached that it will rather bend than be pulled off whereas on Olights you can just snap it back on if it gets pulled off.
+ Can access moonlight directly from off when you don't want to lose your night vision.
+ I find the magnet useful around the house to get both hands free.

On the other hand D25C:
- is slimmer and lighter
- the clip looks like easier to use
- orange peel reflector should smooth out the artifacts that XM-L2 square shape causes with S10R smooth reflector

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
+ can access moonlight instantly from off (D25C has to be configured to turn moonlight on using multiple head twists)

3 head twists and you never have to look back. Always has instant access to moonlight.