Lost Junk, found a pleasant surprise.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all!☺

I was given a flashlight some time ago by a great supervisor I had.
It was small, black an LED, it had a fresh Alkaleak in it and seemed to work OK.
My supervisor had more, so I took it as to not offend them. He knew I liked lights though a non flashaholic giving to one, was an odd feeling.

Anyhow, yeah dismal performance but looked neat so I tucked it away. Couple months go by and I find it again, battery still relatively new, worked but was twitchy. Wasn't impressed, back in bag it went to be dealt with later.
I forgot about it until finding it again a day or so ago. Was even worse then I remember, had a 50/50 shot of it turning on.
To top it off, I still have no idea what it is, not that it matters but curious.

Well I played with it and cleaned it a bit before thinking this thing has to boost voltage to light itself up on a AAA, maybe the cell is sagging I thought. Fresh Alkaleak, better but still glitchy, improved rate of it actually lighting successfully.
Checked voltage, and it was high so I thought, well it is an old light it's OK.. I cleaned up inside head, then I dedomed it while I tried my best to clean inside of aspherical lens.
It did clean up, was like a packing grease on lens or something.
Turns out it's a AAA zoomie of unknown lineage.
I did not know this as head was seized almost when I got it.

Had to pop switch out to clean contacts inside, has an electronic switch, forward clickie, seemed well built, cleaned up contact points and reassembled. Tried it with Alky, fired every time now.

Popped in a fresh off charger duraloop, increased brightness over the leakers by a good bit.
Still a weak CD low lumen light but I find it has grown on me.
It might be 25-30 lumens, but usable, NiMH are a plenty around here.

It gets warm on NiMH in about five minutes where I never noticed any hear prior. Beam when in flood is pretty even and not glaring, even if tint is cool. Zoomed out it shows artifacts and anomalies from lens not being in great shape.

With that said, I would have never bought this light for myself or others prior to having experienced it like I have now.
I've never had an interest in Sipik, but find I may be holding a small version of one... Yup, I need help identifying it.
My pictures are on the dark side sorry, hoping you can still make it out though.

In pieces, with AAA cells and Fenix E12 and NC MH20 for sizing.
27da01bf6c0be3aa6650734ab2b57699.jpg

Assembled
c742d016288c20a4fc997dc802ec6559.jpg

cb285ceff1c542dcd3949bf9d99f4761.jpg

f6772551bbc435602701077adbcaf811.jpg

b323f6da6cce30107227d4b99e1e0f15.jpg

dbb4889d5d8b989f06c11ad3d51e5ce8.jpg

It's smooth and works well enough for what it is I guess, a free gift.
Not sure what it is but I'm thinking someone here does?

What say you?
Any losers/keepers happen to you like that?

ven

Flashaholic
Great stuff, every light has a purpose imo, be it low output, cheap............as long as it works its of use. Great for a house beater light or for keeping in a glove box etc.

I forgot about a little lenser...........for a good while and found it(been claimed by my lad now ) and still worked fine. IIRC its around 16lm and various zoom via a head twist(bonus of this is the zoom does not easily move during use like some pull/push types).

Next to Callums p3

Beam pic on the focus

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing bud, nice beam.
Nothing wrong with them at all IMO.
Great for back up edc or house, linen closet, laundry room etc.

ven

Flashaholic
You know, when i bought a lenser t7 i was gutted it did not have the "blue moon" beam, pure white with a blue surround..........loved it. Of course my preferences have changes since, but even now its a perfect round beam and of use. Even at 16lm it appears brighter and makes a great mini spot light for inspections.

Had lensers for years and discounting all the fake/copies...........i still like/enjoy them as much today as i did years back. Good lights imo, never had a fail(other than once and my fault, i also know not many lights would have serviced that actual drop).

Better marketing than actual light making, high price for what you actually get...........but still my original t7 of many many years of hard use/drops is still in daily use issue free............

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice user feedback.
There's a couple fans of them lights on the forums alright.

The more I look at that AAA, the more I'm thinking it's a two dollar jobbie.. Ooh well, it works☺

Just doing little light maintenance today. ☺
8342e1a7e0e71b3adabdd997b68f8399.jpg

Had to, sorry☺

bykfixer

Flashaholic

Only pic I have right now.

At one point I had the tac switch on the tan one. It's a G2x Pro (lo/hi light)
It was enjoyable to twist it to on (low), twist to off, and twist to high. But the novelty soon wore off. So an attempt at a Malkoff tail stander..also wore off quickly.
Both are back to their original configuration. Except the black one has an M61NL or WL...I forget.

The black one is getting a crenallated tac head from a friend as soon as the package arrives.

Both are powered by Panasonic 123's.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I've given up on this light.
It kills a fresh charged NiMH in under twenty minutes.
I am not sure why, and really don't care for the weak output.
Can't even trust it for a night light to bathroom, it just shuts off when voltage drops. That helps me lose control of my mouth and start sweating at it in pitch black and in turn waking others.
This is exactly why I want good lights☺

Latest posts