• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Aleph and McGizmo Light Engines

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale are some custom light engines for use in Aleph and McGizmo lights that use the screw in light engines.
ONLY Nichia 365nm UV light engine available.

These 3-level Aleph light engines are built with a custom designed circuit board using four AMC7135 IC's at 380mA each. The aluminum can was custom machined for the MCPCB, and dissipates heat quickly into the head of the light. These are ideal for use with a single 3.7V Li-Ion cell (2.8 - 5.5V). Each light engine is fitted with a brass battery contact for long wear.

Listed in order from left to right.

CREE Light Engines
1. CREE XP-L 4000K, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
2. CREE XP-L 4000K, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
3. CREE XP-L HI 4000K, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD
4. CREE XP-L HI 5000K, 1520mA 3-level light engine. $78 SOLD

You may have noticed that #5 looks a little different than the rest of the light engines. I would like to introduce the new datiLED Cu^2 copper light engine. The LED and direct thermal path copper MCPCB are soldered to the can in a single operation, effectively linking the LED to the can itself. The copper can (12g) is considerably heavier than the aluminum can (4g), and is able to transfer heat quickly and efficiently. I had intended to offer more of these copper light engines for sale, but am unable to find the time to build more converters.
5. CREE XP-L HI 4000K, 1520mA 3-level light engine with copper can. $90 SOLD

Nichia Light Engine
6. Nichia 365nm UV NCSU033B(T) LED driven at 500mA by a single level GD converter board. $90
This is the same light engine that I built previously, detailed in this thread. The light engines are designed for use in Aleph and McGizmo Mules, and the Aleph A19. The light engine does not play well with the XP-G or XM-L Haiku reflector, but will work with XR-E Haiku.

The first "I'll take it" posted here takes preference over other forms of communication. All prices include shipping within the United States. There is no extra fee for credit card PayPal. Insurance is not included, but is available upon request for an additional fee based on insured value. I apologize, but due to work obligations until November 28, I am unable to offer shipping outside of the U.S. This is due to the new USPS regulations regarding Customs forms to be filed electronically, or taken to a Post Office (as opposed to the contract postal unit that I prefer to visit).

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look great datiLED, great price too. I think I paid more for the parts to build a couple of my own.
I'd really like a couple of these in a copper can with XPG2 at half the drive current if that's ever available.

murrydan

Newly Enlightened
Wow, just wow. I got #4 and it is awesome. I am not at all a lumen chaser, but it is nice to have a truly bright option for my Haiku… well done!