UC40 UE on sale REI

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
REI has the UC40 UE 25% off $67. I don't know how long they are on sale.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
that is a good price for a true 1000 lumen flamethrower. If you are interested jump on it I paid nearly $100 for mine when they came out

Wolfy1776

Newly Enlightened
Not interested in a proprietary battery but wanted to pass this along.

Swamplite

Newly Enlightened
Everyday price at Amazon is $66.93 free shipping.As said before I'm also not interested in a proprietary battery.

charlieplanb

Newly Enlightened
I was at a REI last week (my first time at REI )saw the UC40 at that price. I was impressed.Great store, employees know what their selling ,GReat return policy
The UC40 (dedomed)is my favorite beam and I compare all new 1x18650 lights to it. But that switch is brutal. It is the hardest to find out of all my lights.

shine the way

Newly Enlightened
Agreed the switch can be difficult to find in the dark. Of course i bought this a few months back for the regular price... bad timing as usual.

I read on a review that the original battery that comes with the light is no longer being produced. Anyone know of this to be true? I bought a spare fenix battery and charger but apparently it can't be charged in the flashlight with the usb charger? I haven't tried it yet but is this also true?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
agreed the switch is nearly impossible to find in the dark its also why I gave my UC40UE away to an old friend in need of a good light. Still the UC40UE is indeed a true 1000 lumen light, is built like a tank, USB rechargeable(Ill have to check again but I think there is a 3200 or 3400 mah proprietary replacement cell available)but indeed the light has been out for a couple of years here soon and is indeed older tech. The UC35 with its outstanding built in waterproof built in micro USB charging system that can charge any 18650 you can shove into it pretty much made the UC40UE obsolete.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the E25. Exceptional beam, loved it all.

The switch was the single biggest design blunder I have ever seen on a flashlight purchase.

Awake...in the dark on the night stand your looking at a minimum of 5-10 seconds to find the switch. Half asleep?..... Just go back to sleep and look for it in the morning...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
while being quite pleasantly compact my E25UE drives me nuts with its press and hold only turbo. Had I have known that the light SHUTS COMPLETELY OFF for a couple of seconds while it switches up to turbo leaving me in total darkness I would not have bought it. E25 switch while not perfect is easier for me to find in the dark vs the UC40UE though.