Anyone have experience with the Quark Click QK2L-X?

Balog

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching for reviews on this model but all I can find are the older versions. Aside from the lack of 18650 support and the non-tailstanding rear switch it looks like it would work well for me. Does anyone have experience with this model, or know how it differs from the older models that selfbuilt etc have done reviews on?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can make it tail stand by ordering the tail cap with the shroud. Its called the Quark Pro Tail, it is only like $10. I find it seems to be just a hair/slightly thicker too. I had a few of these lights. I swapped the tail switches so I could tail stand them. Plus less likely to bump them on in the bag. Now that I think about it, I think I still have two. :)

Balog

Newly Enlightened
You can make it tail stand by ordering the tail cap with the shroud. Its called the Quark Pro Tail, it is only like $10. I find it seems to be just a hair/slightly thicker too. I had a few of these lights. I swapped the tail switches so I could tail stand them. Plus less likely to bump them on in the bag. Now that I think about it, I think I still have two. :)

Are the shrouded models forward clicky? I noticed it said the package includes a forward and a reverse clicky but wasn't sure if the reverse was shrouded or not.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went and found mine to see. They are both FORWARD clickers.
I also dug up a old pic. You can see the size difference in the tails here.

tacandturbo_zpsbee1e842.jpg

Yamabushi

Enlightened
The Foursevens website states "All Quark Click lights come with a Tactical "forward-clicky" tailcap along with an additional Pro "reverse-clicky" switch module that can be swapped in if desired."

Unless they've changed the design of the Pro switch, it is the same diameter as the head of the flashlight and it will tailstand.

I'm pretty sure that the large diameter tailcap in Str8stroke's photo is the Quark Turbo Flat Tailcap which is a forward clicky.

Balog

Newly Enlightened
Awesome, thank you! It's unfortunate they aren't compatible with 18650's but I think they may still be the best option for me.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a QK2A-X and a few QP2L-X burst modes.

Yes the light should come with the guts and boots of both reverse and forward clickies - you have to swap them into the single provided aluminum clicky housing. You do not get 2 fully assembled tailcaps. Only the reverse tailstands, the forward mechanism and boot are longer, or as per the picture above, you could buy the optional shrouded forward clicky for the Turbo line, but it is wider creating a knob.

An 18650 will not fit, but a Keeppower 2500mah 16650 is an excellent alternative. Illumn.com sells them.

The UI is different from the older Quark Pros and Tacticals - they need to program the light for you (custom models). You pick the modes and sequence you want and the light has mode memory, and 47s spin on memory is a little different from others. For example, if you choose mode 1,2,3 and turn on on 2 from memory, then the next scroll will restart from the beginning, or mode 1.

Last edited: