Recommend me a Solarforce L2 Setup

led-head

Newly Enlightened
Okay so I'm totally new to the custom light building world.

Im looking for a Solarforce L2 with a drop in that's the brightest out there (xp-l?) And has two or more modes, runs off an 18650, and is reliable. I would be happy to assemble it if it's easy to do.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there, check vinhs work out
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?405914-P60vnT

Pretty much pick what you want ,will req an IMR or INR cell for best performance and i presume you know about these cells/charging(if not worth a little read up reg safety etc)

Also read vinhs info about using his drop ins/lights due to heat/safety etc if you go that way.

Maybe a triple xp-l would be an option for you, but depends on beam,do you want throw,flood or a mix?

I have a quad xpg2 which is all flood,5000k of it and love it. Used every day in work and prefer the p1d host due to being better made(more solid).

Its my everyday go to light in work, i mainly use lowest mode and cell life seems to last forever.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also look at Nailbender, Vesture of Blood and Overready. Not the brightest but rock solid are Malkoffs.

LiteFan

Enlightened
Hi there, check vinhs work out
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?405914-P60vnT

Pretty much pick what you want ,will req an IMR or INR cell for best performance and i presume you know about these cells/charging(if not worth a little read up reg safety etc)

Also read vinhs info about using his drop ins/lights due to heat/safety etc if you go that way.

Maybe a triple xp-l would be an option for you, but depends on beam,do you want throw,flood or a mix?

I have a quad xpg2 which is all flood,5000k of it and love it. Used every day in work and prefer the p1d host due to being better made(more solid).

Its my everyday go to light in work, i mainly use lowest mode and cell life seems to last forever.
What host are you using its cool looking

ven

Flashaholic
Hi there, solarforce p1d,great host for the money, nice solid/hefty build compared to some of their others i have:)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you say you want the brightest out there. Trust me, I get that! However, have you also put some thought into being about to use it for other tasks? I have several L2's set up in different ways. I have one like you mention, and others for specific tasks. I suggest thinking about some low output, warm tint drop ins too. Then think about modes you may want. Also consider battery life. Some of these barn burners are awesome, but your run times can be reduces to just minutes.

One other suggestion, make sure if you are going to set up a flame thrower, you get a full aluminum body light. Some of the drop ins mentioned above will melt the Poly bodies within a few minutes or running. Trust me on this.

I even got a few of the Solarforce drop ins. They work very well too, especially for the money.