What's the word on Imren cells?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my search for a button top 10440 to use in my Microstream I ran across this Imren brand of cells. I had never heard of them before. Has anyone else? What is the collective wisdom on these in the CPF community? Thanks for the input.

I tried eFest 10440 'button top' cells, but apparently the button doesn't protrude far enough. If these Imren cells don't pan out I guess I'm stuck with the old soldering iron/solder dot routine.

Short_Circuit

Newly Enlightened
In my search for a button top 10440 to use in my Microstream I ran across this Imren brand of cells. I had never heard of them before. Has anyone else? What is the collective wisdom on these in the CPF community? Thanks for the input.

I tried eFest 10440 'button top' cells, but apparently the button doesn't protrude far enough. If these Imren cells don't pan out I guess I'm stuck with the old soldering iron/solder dot routine.

I found this on a vaper supply site that may help if you don't find your batteries. I can't help with the Imren as I don't know anything about them.

Flat Top Battery Adapter

Use the Flat Top Battery Adapter to conveniently turn your flat top battery into a button top! This adapter is easy to use - simply place at the positive end of your battery.
The adapter adds a minimal amount of length to your battery.
Price is for ONE adapter. $2.49
http://www.smoktek.com/Flat-Top-Battery-Adapter_p_922.html

I think I also heard someone else say they used small little magnets on the top of their flat tops. Guess that would work and you should be able to buy a bag full for about $5.

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I think I also heard someone else say they used small little magnets on the top of their flat tops. Guess that would work and you should be able to buy a bag full for about $5.

Be warned that the magnets can cause a short-circuit if they slip out of position.

I've read that some people apply the magnet, make sure it's centred and then use a tiny bit of superglue round the edge to make sure it stays put. However, you still have to be very careful not to superglue the cell's safety vent shut.

If I ever need a button-top cell, I'm just going to buy one ready-made and be done with it.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is that the eFest cells I bought are button top. It is just that the button doesn't protrude far enough above the shoulder of the cell to pass the Microstream polarity protection.

I did some more research on the Imren cells. I found out that they are pretty popular among the vapping crowd. My problem is that the 10440 ones offered are all LiFePO4, which my Xtar won't charge. So I guess it is the soldering iron and some very thin solder. Wish me luck.