Legend LX - How many lumens?

DigMe

Enlightened
Hey all! I did a search for "lumens and legend" and didn't find any posts in which this question has been asked or answered. Feel free to point me to the thread if I missed it though.

I have a Brinkmann Legend LX and love it. However I've always wondered what the lumen rating is on this light. I emailed Brinkmann's customer service from the website and no one answered me. Does anyone here happen to know?

I'd also appreciate knowing the how many lumens a 3D maglite puts out (although I admit I haven't yet done a search for that and just now through it in there).

Thanks!
brad cook

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Brad,

Welcome to CPF.

Check out http://flashlightreviews.home.att.net/index.html for some excellent reviews of the Legend LX.

There is some difficulty with you terminology. Lumens indicate the total output of the lamp. Foot Candles (or Lux for metric) measure the focused hot spot of the light. These measurements are easier to obtain and are reported more frequently than lumens.

A light meter can be purchased for around $50-$100 that will give readings of foot candles or lux. To measure lumens, an integrating sphere is required. They can cost up to $25,000.00 (or more) and have calibration and measurement procedures that can be complex.

As you can see, it would be nice if everyone listed the lumen value of their lights, but it is easier to measure foot candles or lux.

Doug (Quickbeam) made an integrating sphere out of a milk carton and is reporting the value as QUP's. This is in the ball park of lumens, but not quite the same.

Hope this helps.

Tom

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
And also, the LX can be home to one of the simplest mods you can do too. You can get a P60 or P61 bulb assembly from surefire and drop it right into the LX. Mine has a P61 and I love it. Course, the batteries only last 20 minutes or less at that rate, and who wants to put in a bulb that costs more than the flashlight? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as bang for the buck, I like the stock LX very much. Sorry that doesn't answer your question...

jbroker83

Enlightened
I've often wondered about this question as well...as an owner of the Legend LX....I think that the beam is not as nice, but it's right up there with my SF G2---I'd guess the Legend LX to be 65-70 Lumens...that's a rough, rough, rough, guestimate.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would guesstimate ~60 lumens, since with the adjustable one I had, with the beam focused to an identical-sized hotspot with an E2e w/MN03, I could not really tell any difference between the two.

jbroker83

Enlightened
I'm kicking myself cause a store was selling them on clearance one time for 10.99 a piece....I didn't know that it was such a good idea, so I only bought two of them....had I known what I know now....I probably would've taken them all of thier hands!