Relative Throw Measures on LSH-P/LSHF-P/Arc4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I gathered three LSH-P's, two LSHF-P's, and my new Arc4+, and did relative lux measurements with LM631 meter. I used the same battery on each one, keeping the light on only for about 10 seconds, so the readings should be accurate for comparison. NOTE: these were not taken at 1 meter, but closer (but all at exactly the same distance), so these are not objective lux measurements, but only measure the lights relative to each other.

# 1853 LSHP 750 lux
# 881 LSHP 870 lux
# 1181 LSHP 1048 lux
# 1464 LSHF-P 1029 lux
# 1577 LSHF-P 1055 lux
Level 4 Arc4+ 1045 lux
Level 3 Arc4+ 1269 lux
Level 1 Arc4+ 1963 lux
Surefire L4 1380 lux

I guess I forgot to do level 2--too late now.

If Peter can do this with a 1 watt Luxeon on one cell, the possibilities for the Arc5 are awesome!

carmel

carmel

Newly Enlightened
Twenty Four and a half inches. But beware of trying to convert them to one meter lux readings, because I deliberately did not use a new battery, but rather an old Lisun that was partically drained (it had a no load reading of 3 volts), in order to give an "average use" reading. I'm sure the lux readings would have been higher had I used a new battery. (actually, the L4 had fresh batteries!)

carmel

Jarhead

Banned
Peter states:

At setting 1, I am measuring about twice the lux at 1 meter of the Arc4+ over the LSHF-P.

The beam pic of the LSHF vs the LSH-P on the website was not done at 1 meter. At 1 meter, I am getting about 300Lux from the LSHF-P.

carmel

Newly Enlightened
My understanding is the the inverse ratio factor at 24.5 inches is about 2.52; so I think that would mean that each of my values should be divided by 2.52, to give lux at 1 meter. But again, the battery was partically drained, so I think the values are still low.

carmel

kj

Enlightened
600~700 lux at 1 meter is reasonable, I think. Here is my measurement result.

As usual, please do not assume these values are accurate and universal. There are a lot of error factors and these values are taken with MY lights (you can see much variance among LSHP in the carmel's original post).

***EDIT***
I took these measurements without removing the lens protector film. Removing the film will increase the output a little and the lux reading at the brightest setting will exceed 700 lux.

Status
Not open for further replies.