A bit disappointed by Zebra build quality...

hemdale

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I had a H600W Zebralight for the past 3 years I think.

After several holidays, i've been through some rain / humidity travels, and noticed some regular moist build up inside the lens..which took ages to get rid of. :sick2:
All my lights have been taken care of: o-rings regularly cleaned and silicon greased, thread cleaned and silicon greased.
I'm assuming it's the metallic ring around the Zebralight lens that is probably the weak point of this light (or maybe the switch ?)

I'm a "buy quality, cry once" type of guy.
Zebralight were everything except cheap and I'm a bit disappointed by this humidity condensation issue (of course my headlamp is out of warranty now).

Should I consider Armytek ? if yes, what 18650 model would you recommand ? I'm looking for a UI that would be as simple as possible.
A super low, low, medium and high will be just fine.

Maybe Nitecore HC30 ? Fenix HL55 ?

I have absolutely NO NEED for any programmable modes...

Thanks for you help and input.

H

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the ArmyTek quality, but some folks may find the UI a bit odd. Its a press and hold to change mode set up. But you may like that?

If you want easy, Nitecore HC90. Just move the slider.

But I am guessing you want a headlamp that can also be used as a angle head flashlight?

Sulik

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight weights like 1xAA headlamp. If you want to buy "amphibious tank", I think it's only Fenix. But HL55 is 115 grams with 18650 (50+115 grams) it is like 2 ZL. Also plastic mount & crazy UI of Fenix is a huge price for waterproof and tank-like build.
There no such effective electronics like ZL & no such compact flashlights. Maybe you paid for that...

P.S. Never ArmyTech. At least for their aggressive ad campaign.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with mine-I contacted customer service, originally about a torn switch cover, but also mentioned the moisture
In the head. The tech explained that the fogging/condensation occurs when there is captive moisture inside the sealed head. He said that during the manufacturing process in Shanghai(a humid coastal city) when there is a rapid increase in temperature humidity can get trapped. He said that I should make a note addressing the fogging issue and torn switch and send it in. I am unsure what they did, but when I received the light 2 weeks later, the switch cover was replaced and there was no longer an issue with fogging. That was over a year ago and not a single issue since. I explained that I was a novice modder and asked if I could get another switch cover "for future use", and they mailed an extra to me at no charge. All in all a very good experience with Zebralight's customer service. A few weeks later I bought another Zebralight and have not had any issues...

insanefred

Enlightened
I've never had the problem with my H600w, it has been rock solid for 3 years for me.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Schedule a $15 repair with Zebralight. When you have an RMA in hand, immerse your flashlight in water so that an ingress occurs. Make sure there is enough water under the lens so that it will not evaporate during shipping. Wrap the light in cling-wrap to help reduce evaporation. Take pictures of the condensation under the lens. Send those to Zebralight.

Just my 2 cents, or $15, if you will.

insanefred

Enlightened
I also want to mention, and this goes for just about anything you buy. No matter the cost, reputation or quality, everything is subject to failure or defect.

Latest posts