Best newest generation tactical everyday carry

wenoi6

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

At this moment I am the proud owner of an olight M21 warrior. With new generation LEDs (XML-2) out with higher lumens I am looking for a replacement for my tactical everyday cary.

I've been looking for the past few days for my ideal light. I looked at the following manufactures:
- Fenix
- Olight
- Surefire
- Nightcore
- multiple marks at Ali Express

But none of them meets my high requirements. I am looking for a very specific combination of features and techniques:

Must have:
- at lease 2900 lumens
- direct strobe access is an requirement
- CR123A or 18650 Lithium Ion Accu(s)
- switch must be on the back of the light
* best would be a two switch system. One for mode, one for on/of
* Also it must remember the last mode
- from size it can be bigger as the Olight M21 but must still be portable for everyday.

until now the Nitecore P36 was the closest call. But it has "only" 2000 lumens and no tactical bezel in front.
Nitecore TM06 is another options, but big disadvantage is no Direct strobe access

Does anyone have any advices / ideas?

jmwking

Newly Enlightened
(Wow! Four and a half years later for a second post. And, sorry, I don't have any ideas... -jk)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hi all,

At this moment I am the proud owner of an olight M21 warrior. With new generation LEDs (XML-2) out with higher lumens I am looking for a replacement for my tactical everyday cary.

I've been looking for the past few days for my ideal light. I looked at the following manufactures:
- Fenix
- Olight
- Surefire
- Nightcore
- multiple marks at Ali Express

But none of them meets my high requirements. I am looking for a very specific combination of features and techniques:

Must have:
- at lease 2900 lumens
- direct strobe access is an requirement
- CR123A or 18650 Lithium Ion Accu(s)
- switch must be on the back of the light
* best would be a two switch system. One for mode, one for on/of
* Also it must remember the last mode
- from size it can be bigger as the Olight M21 but must still be portable for everyday.

until now the Nitecore P36 was the closest call. But it has "only" 2000 lumens and no tactical bezel in front.
Nitecore TM06 is another options, but big disadvantage is no Direct strobe access

Does anyone have any advices / ideas?

Build one.

akhyar

Enlightened
Seems like your only option are those 4x 18650 flashlight, but I will not call them tactical and mist of thrm have side switch.
Those lights normally have 4-5k lumens, but their bezels will be too big for tactical bezel

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you're going to be waiting a while before anything within the size envelope of an Olight M21 reaches that output level, could be several years. I am curious how you came upon 2900 lumens as a requirement, is it just arbitrary or do you have a genuine need for it?

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact CPFer VestureofBlood, tell him "XHP70" and list your other requirements.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, both here and the "Adventure Sport" subforum as VoB is half of that team (I think.)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
VestureOfBlood is a very good dude Ive dealt with him before. As long as you are willing to pay OP you can get pretty close to what you are after...

wenoi6

Newly Enlightened
Okay sounds very interesting. VeestureOfBlood, is he building these lights himself, or does he only do the design?

wenoi6

Newly Enlightened
I have send him a messages, hope he will respond.

Anyone real experience with industrial design, and ways to get designs and electronics manufactured?

If anyone knows another light that gets close to the requirements, I am still open for that!

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could be wrong, but I don't expect VestureofBlood (or anybody else) to design and manufacture a one of a kind light to your specs for anything approaching a reasonable cost.

He may be able to build a P60 LED assembly that meets the lumens requirement, but I don't know of any P60 hosts with dual rear switches, or even secondary side switches for direct access to strobe.

If the direct strobe really is an absolute requirement, then that's where the search should start. If a light is located that meets this spec, it may be possible for someone to modify it with an XHP70 or other monster emitter.

wenoi6

Newly Enlightened
I could be wrong, but I don't expect VestureofBlood (or anybody else) to design and manufacture a one of a kind light to your specs for anything approaching a reasonable cost.

He may be able to build a P60 LED assembly that meets the lumens requirement, but I don't know of any P60 hosts with dual rear switches, or even secondary side switches for direct access to strobe.

If the direct strobe really is an absolute requirement, then that's where the search should start. If a light is located that meets this spec, it may be possible for someone to modify it with an XHP70 or other monster emitter.

No it does not have to have a double rear switch. For example the M21 Warrior (Olight) has a switch on the side to switch modes, also it memorising the last mode. With the rear switch the light is turned on and off. So if you turn it off in strobe mode, it turns on again in strobe mode = direct strobe access.

At this moment I am not only looking at who can build one. I can imagine to design it in autocad for example, and let it manufacture somewhere.