Is the Eagtac MX30L4XC with Nichia 219 the only high CRI, high lumen for a big yard?

fpbear

Newly Enlightened
After using my Eagtac D25A Ti with Nichia 219 around the yard, I will never go back to cool white low CRI bulbs. I like seeing the natural colors rather than washed out flat colors. Now I am looking for something that can flood a much larger area, in case something happens in the middle of the night in our 1 acre back yard, like someone at the railroad tracks 500 ft in the distance or a coyote attacking our animals etc. I would keep a larger flashlight by the back door, preferably mounted on a clip right next to the door. So far I found the Eagtac MX30L4XC with the Nichia 219 option. There is also the smaller Eagtac MX25L3C.

Are these about the only choices for high lumen flashlights with a good diffuse flood pattern, with high CRI LEDs Nichia 219 or Cree XP-G?

fpbear

Newly Enlightened
The Noctigon looks similar to the Eagtac, almost looks like they are copying each other (which is copying the other?). I wonder if there are others in this performance category with high CRI that don't have the coke can dimensions? A more classic form factor with a wide lamp, narrower handle would make it nicer to hang on the wall next to the door.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
After using my Eagtac D25A Ti with Nichia 219 around the yard, I will never go back to cool white low CRI bulbs. I like seeing the natural colors rather than washed out flat colors. Now I am looking for something that can flood a much larger area, in case something happens in the middle of the night in our 1 acre back yard, like someone at the railroad tracks 500 ft in the distance or a coyote attacking our animals etc. I would keep a larger flashlight by the back door, preferably mounted on a clip right next to the door. So far I found the Eagtac MX30L4XC with the Nichia 219 option. There is also the smaller Eagtac MX25L3C.

Are these about the only choices for high lumen flashlights with a good diffuse flood pattern, with high CRI LEDs Nichia 219 or Cree XP-G?

Contact Vinh in the modder section V54. He can do many lights with the Nichia 219B. I believe he has the new Eagtac MX30Cvn with the 219B. Check out the light list - V54 list. Email him any questions. I own quite a few of his lights and they are excellent. In a lot of cases not much more than stock if you don't option it out. He offers a warranty on his lights. His reputation is stellar. And you may not go back to stock lights like me.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does mt g2 leds perform in this area, might be worth a look, like the thrunite tn35....

APM80

Newly Enlightened

Check out the Eagletac MX25L3C. It is 1800 lumen with 6 nichia 219b's and the kit version comes with a diffuser if you want more of a flood. It is $111 here:

http://www.eagletac-usa.com/products/product.aspx?pid=31-7239

I bought one a few weeks ago. It is a really nice light at a great price.

BadHobbit

Newly Enlightened
Contact Vinh in the modder section V54. He can do many lights with the Nichia 219B. I believe he has the new Eagtac MX30Cvn with the 219B. Check out the light list - V54 list. Email him any questions. I own quite a few of his lights and they are excellent. In a lot of cases not much more than stock if you don't option it out. He offers a warranty on his lights. His reputation is stellar. And you may not go back to stock lights like me.

Amen to that! I just received the latest of my Vinh-modified lights, an all-Nichia Noctigon ... quite an amazing pint-sized hi CRI flooder. And Vinh is a real pleasure to do business with. A lot of companies could do well to emulate his professionalism, fair sense of business, and personal responsibility for taking care of his customers.

markr6

Flashaholic
I have the MX25L3C Nichia and MX30L4XC Nichia.

I like the MX25 better due to the smaller size - more comfortable to hold. But it's more of a throw/flood mix. The MX30 is a BIG FLOODER. I don't really have a use for something so floody so I'm selling mine. Great light, and I actually like it better than the M43 I had for several reasons (too hot, too small to comfortably hold in hand, delay in UI drove me nuts)

fpbear

Newly Enlightened
I have the MX25L3C Nichia and MX30L4XC Nichia.

I like the MX25 better due to the smaller size - more comfortable to hold. But it's more of a throw/flood mix. The MX30 is a BIG FLOODER. I don't really have a use for something so floody so I'm selling mine. Great light, and I actually like it better than the M43 I had for several reasons (too hot, too small to comfortably hold in hand, delay in UI drove me nuts)

I went ahead and ordered the MX30L4XC a few days ago because I need a flashlight that I can also use as a worklight to light up an area where I'm doing some yard work or fixing a broken pipe etc. in the night. The MX30L4XC looks like a very smooth flood, without any strong hot spots, in one of the YouTube videos where someone is walking around at night in front of their house. I like the UI idea of the white button to immediately start the low setting, and I hate the twisty UI (where you have to twist the housing back and forth to change settings). However I probably would like the smaller diameter of the MX25L3C much better for holding comfort. This is just my guess before I had a chance to try either of them.

fnsooner

Enlightened
I think you will be happy with your purchase fpbear. I have the same light and it is becoming my go to light around the house. So useful.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gentlemen, Nichia 219B is over. 219C is here, packed with lower Vf and high cri performance.

The Noctigon M43 is available with this emitter extremely soon. A respected modder of CPF just got in stock on 219C and he's the one that hand picked the XP-G2s that went into my M43vn. (hint.)

:) Carry on, gentlemen! :)

markr6

Flashaholic
Gentlemen, Nichia 219B is over. 219C is here, packed with lower Vf and high cri performance.

The Noctigon M43 is available with this emitter extremely soon. A respected modder of CPF just got in stock on 219C and he's the one that hand picked the XP-G2s that went into my M43vn. (hint.)

:) Carry on, gentlemen! :)

Hopefully it will run cooler? I was afraid to drop my M43 219B...could have melted a hole through Earth...China Syndrome. I was happy with the 219B CRI and output though. The 219C would have to be substantially brighter to even notice. It is not.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully it will run cooler? I was afraid to drop my M43 219B...could have melted a hole through Earth...China Syndrome. I was happy with the 219B CRI and output though. The 219C would have to be substantially brighter to even notice. It is not.

Funny, but yeah, my M43vn gets pretty toasty. Not substantially brighter, but with a driver tweak to utilize the lower Vf the low modes could be just as bright and longer running.

Would I swap out all of my emitters with 219C? Probably not. Buy a new high cri light with 219c? Absolutely. Later, when 219D comes out, that will be what gets my attention... assuming something else doesn't come along and blow away the entire 219 series all together.

When will the high cri king of something like XHP70 happen? Who knows, right?

fnsooner

Enlightened
Personally, I would rather have the 4500k tint of the Eagletac than the 5000k of the M43.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I would rather have the 4500k tint of the Eagletac than the 5000k of the M43.

Why be stuck with 5000k? :)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401615-M43vn-Best-of-2015
Noctigon M43vn XPL HI S3 : 7400/7280
Noctigon M43vn XPG2 S3 3D: 6340/6150
Noctigon M43vn XPL HI S3 : 7400/7280
Noctigon M43vn Mule XHP70 NW N2 E3: 5600/5470

Vinh just this week accepted delivery on his roll of 219C. Had I waited, my M43vn could indeed have the 219C and nothing's stopping me (aside from my wallet) from sending it back in for it's 2nd emitter swap. :)

That's a bit many emitters for me to swap by myself and he's already set up for it. :)

markr6

Flashaholic

I'm the total opposite! Both are great, but that 5000K just impressed the heck out of me on my M43vn. Pure white! But outdoors, it doesn't hurt to lean towards warmer temps. I only used this light for a few minutes outside, but the 4500K is very nice. Proving to be a tough sell though! Not a very popular light, even after marking it down a lot :(

fnsooner

Enlightened
Why be stuck with 5000k? :)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401615-M43vn-Best-of-2015

Vinh just this week accepted delivery on his roll of 219C. Had I waited, my M43vn could indeed have the 219C and nothing's stopping me (aside from my wallet) from sending it back in for it's 2nd emitter swap. :)

That's a bit many emitters for me to swap by myself and he's already set up for it. :)

You know, I really need to get a Vinh modded light. I am not much of a throw guy so I have been able to stay away from that rabbit hole. All of my flashlight urges have been squelched and I don't have anything on the horizon. Maybe I will send my M43 XP-G dedome to him and have him do his magic when the verdict is out on the 219c emmitters.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know how it works for you if you do that. I'm in the same boat of temptation.

TEEEEEEEMPTATION! You know you want it! :)