Fenix Outfitters        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitecore USA Introduction

Default Nitecore USA Introduction

Hello Candle Power Forum members!

A little bit about Nitecore and us. Nitecore is an innovative manufacturer of LED flashlights, batteries, chargers, and other accessories. They have been continuously rolling out innovative products. I am sure many of you are familiar with their products and are already fans. While we are a relatively new member on this forum, we are a long time distributor in the US and a fan of Nitecore products. Therefore, we are very familiar with all Nitecore offerings. Per Nitecore's request, we are creating a dedicated Nitecore manufacturer sub-forum to post new product announcements and gather customer feedback on behalf of Nitecore.

As the Nitecore US distributor, we sell directly to customers and recruit Nitecore dealers in the US. Check out our website www.nitecorestore.com for additional details. We have close contact with the Nitecore manufacturers and always get the latest scoop directly from them. We have been regularly monitoring Candle Power Forum discussions and sending your valuable feedback back to Nitecore to help influence their future product design and production. Certainly, for Candle Power Forum members, we will also provide the additional benefits of new product pre-announcements, product pre-orders, special member discounts, and promotions. Stay tuned and we look forward to hearing from you. Tell us what you like, what you dislike, or any questions you might have.

Cheers,
    Nitecorestore.com
    Last edited by NitecoreStore; 10-16-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Flashaholic

Thumbs up Re: Nitecore USA Manufacturer Introduction

Welcome!!! Glad to see you here........

Default Re: Nitecore USA Manufacturer Introduction

welcome nitecorestore!

Flashaholic

Welcome, do you as a dealer ship to Canada?

Flashaholic*

Good to see you here on CPF!

I'm currently being sorely tempted by the SRT6 - I love continuously-variable control rings

Ironically, most of my Nitecore purchases have been filters and diffusers, simply because you make the best range of types and sizes I know of. I'm always putting them on my other-brand lights, even to the extent of cutting bits off or sticking bits on to make them fit.

The rubbery black plastic you use for your flat forward-only diffusers is especially good for getting some leeway to fit different lights where hard plastic would just crack apart.
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

NiteCore has some great products. Thanks for helping to bring these tools to the USA.

Could you perhaps explain why the NiteCore EC4 has such a large standby drain?

And could you be so kind to communicate with NiteCore whether they will sell us a 12 volt DC charging adaptor for the TM36?

Thank You

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

I just bought my 17th NiteCore Light and am a very satisfied customer...

SRT6 is in my opinion the best SRT light in the series. Have them all and of course am sold on the smart ring UI. I wish I had a light box set up I swear my SRT6 is brighter than my SRT7

Flashaholic*

You know, if Nitecore made the rest of the SRT6 the same width as the head, they could bore it for a 26650 and supply a sleeve for backward compatibility to 18650s.

50% extra runtime and a control ring. I'd definitely pay attention to that.
    Phlogiston is the main constituent of Magic Smoke.

Flashaholic*

I've been eyeing the SRT5. I love that you offer both natural hard anodizing and black. I just wish you offered led options (neutral, warm). That's really the only thing keeping me from getting one. I can't stand cool white and I can't find anyone to mod it.
    Last edited by eraursls1984; 10-13-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Great to see Nitecore here on the board! A quick suggestion I would make would be to have a thread about what type of upcoming light/UI/features members on here would like to see. Also sometimes companies will do "limited runs" of lights specifically for a group like on here, something like this would be great. Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing some updates.

Welcome! I've always been a Nitecore fan, but they missed the mark (but not by much) on many of the lights I wanted to purchase in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Could you perhaps explain why the NiteCore EC4 has such a large standby drain?
    I would really like to know this as well. High standby drain is a big deal with me lately. Some people make excuses for it, but I would rather be productive and fix the problem for future models or possible updates.

I can't complain about the amount of new products from Nitecore...they always seem to be coming up with something new and exciting.
    GOOD TINT!

I'm with markr6 on the issue of high standby drain.
    How come some of Nitecore's products like MH20 have low standby drain like their competitors while others like EC4, EC11 have very high standby drain?

Where is Nitecore's love for Nichia 219B LED's? the 219C is coming soon and seeing a couple lights offered with them would be nice.
    Fenix TK50,TK41,TK40,L2D,L1D,L0D,LD01,LD41,LD20,LD15,LD1 0,LD05,HP10,HP15|ZebraLight SC51,SC62w,SC600w,SC600Fd,SC64c LE,SC700d,SC53Fc|EagleTac D25A,D25A2,MX25L3C,T25C2,D25LC2|Nitecore TM16,EAX,MT1A,MT2A,EZ AA,IFD2,T5s,D4|47's Mini AA,AA²,"X"AA²,Pro QPA| List of Lights

Quote Originally Posted by yoyobrotha View Post
    Where is Nitecore's love for Nichia 219B LED's? the 219C is coming soon and seeing a couple lights offered with them would be nice.
    MH20N. Wow!
    GOOD TINT!

Hello NitecoreStore, and welcome aboard.

I won’t hit you with a bunch of questions here. We can save that for later.

Right now, I only wish to say that I am highly satisfied the two Nitecore flashlights I own: the Nitecore P36 and the Nitecore Tube.

Prince plays George Harrison's masterpiece While My Guitar Gently Weeps. R.I.P.
    Great vocals & guitar by LeAnn Rimes & Joss Stone as they cover Gershwin's Summertime.

Thank you all for the kind words.

We will try our best to pass your feedback to the factory and address with any product concerns here.

Neutral white lights: The MH20 and MH12 have the neutral white versions now. We will have them up in NitecoreStore.com shortly. if the demands are high, we are pretty sure the factory will release more NW lights.

Canada dealers: We have no problem selling/distributing products to Canada. However, it makes much more sense directly importing from the factory to avoid double duty if you plan to sell the lights in Canada.

What I would like to see from Nitecore the most, by a huge margin, is a revamped SRT line! No more chintzy plastic grip rings, utilize the latest emitters, redesign the low voltage sensor in the SRT6 and 7 to recognize when they have fresh 3 volt CR123's in them instead of the red LED on the heads go into near strobe as the low voltage sensors were not designed to recognize CR123 proper voltage a HUGE design flaw. Redesign the SRT7 RGB inserts in the 7's reflector for less artifacts when using the colored LED's. Lastly NC should submit a SRT revamp to a very well known reviewer like Selfbuilt. NC has made HUGE strides in 2015 it is time to revamp the couple years old now SRT's especially to where they actually meet NC's ANSI claims. SRT7 falls notoriously short in actual output vs NC ANSI claims. If NC revamped the SRT line to say 2016 editions and addressed these issues I will buy all the SRT's all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCross74 View Post
    What I would like to see from Nitecore the most, by a huge margin, is a revamped SRT line! No more chintzy plastic grip rings, utilize the latest emitters, redesign the low voltage sensor in the SRT6 and 7 to recognize when they have fresh 3 volt CR123's in them instead of the red LED on the heads go into near strobe as the low voltage sensors were not designed to recognize CR123 proper voltage a HUGE design flaw. Redesign the SRT7 RGB inserts in the 7's reflector for less artifacts when using the colored LED's. Lastly NC should submit a SRT revamp to a very well known reviewer like Selfbuilt. NC has made HUGE strides in 2015 it is time to revamp the couple years old now SRT's especially to where they actually meet NC's ANSI claims. SRT7 falls notoriously short in actual output vs NC ANSI claims. If NC revamped the SRT line to say 2016 editions and addressed these issues I will buy all the SRT's all over again.
    Agreed! You forgot to add that a Neutral white SRT lineup would be a great addition as well!

From what I gathered, the SRT series uses magnetic ring interface which one YOU-KNOW-WHO manufacturer does not like. That's probably the reason the updates have been slow.

hmmm only other magnetic ring UI lights I can think of are S*nwaymans. What is SWYMN going to do take a manufacturer as big as Nitecore to court? Sure both manufacturers use the magnetic ring premise but I consider Nitecores SRT rings to be superior especially on the SRT6 and 7. Still the current SRT control rings-once again especially on the SRT6 and 7-to be so good that all I would revamp about the rings is what functions they actually control. For instance-the red/blue potentially illegal in a lot of US states strobe setting on the SRT7 is useless and needs to go. Where I live right outside Washington D.C. the red/blue strobe could easily get me arrested for impersonating an officer. But hey the red/blue strobe is great at parties!

Replace the red/blue strobe on the 7 with beacon mode would make sense. The SRT6 has beacon why doesnt the 7? Modern emitters abound for all SRT lights. I would put a XP-L HD in the 6 and a XP-L HI in the 7. The latest XML2 U2 bins are the best U2's I have seen let alone possibly upgrading to the U3. An XP-L HI SRT7 would slay and sell better than they do now. If Nitecore changes ONE thing about the 6 and 7 it would be to use metal grip rings. Both chintzy plastic grip rings for my 6 and 7 broke or split a long time ago and for how expensive the 6 and 7 are is inexcusable.

Having owned the SRT line since they came out the SRT6 is in my opinion the best one. I swear it is brighter than the 7. No awful artifact ridden RGB modes and no red/blue strobe to get me busted. It is just a better flashlight. I do find the smart rings on both the 6 and 7 the best I have ever used.

Flashaholic*

If Nitecore changes ONE thing about the 6 and 7 it would be to use metal grip rings. Both chintzy plastic grip rings for my 6 and 7 broke or split a long time ago and for how expensive the 6 and 7 are is inexcusable.
    Does the SRT 5 & 3 have a metal or plastic control ring?

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    Does the SRT 5 & 3 have a metal or plastic control ring?
    You mean the grip ring (Combat grip or Cig. holder)? In the first few batches of SRT/P models, the grip rings were easy to break. Nitecore quickly fixed that problem. We have not had any report on this issue since last year. It is still plastic but it is a lot more durable.

Welcome NitecoreStore,
    I'm surprised you didn't get here sooner.
    Question, where is your store located ? Sorry if I missed it at the website. I ask because I try to buy in U.S. if possible for shorter shipping time and return costs.
    Thank You and welcome again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Minescence View Post
    Question, where is your store located ?
    We are located in Austin, Texas.

Hmm, glad to have you aboard.
    So from title I thought you are Nitecore, but I get impression you are a dealer idk?
    If you are Nitecore, then would it be wrong to think you'll handle all north american warranty work on behalf of factory or do I have something mixed up?
    Cheers at any rate for either dealer or OEM front.

Quote Originally Posted by WarRaven View Post
    Hmm, glad to have you aboard.
    So from title I thought you are Nitecore, but I get impression you are a dealer idk?
    If you are Nitecore, then would it be wrong to think you'll handle all north american warranty work on behalf of factory or do I have something mixed up?
    Cheers at any rate for either dealer or OEM front.
    We are distributor for Nitecore. We work closely with the factory in product marketing and represent them on CPF.

For warranty service, usually it is handled by the individual dealers. If you cannot locate the dealer or if certain dealer is not willing to serve the warranty, email service@nitecore.com with the product s/n and the factory shall direct it to the responsible party. Theoretically all warranty services should be handled in US and you never have to worry about international shipping cost.

If you have difficulty reaching the factory, you are welcome to contact us at support@nitecorestore.com. We will try our best to assist you.
    Last edited by NitecoreStore; 10-23-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Thank you for clarification.
    I somehow got mixed up.
    As well thank you for offering to assist if needed.

I have A Nitecore UM2 Charger, it works very well!

Quote Originally Posted by NitecoreStore View Post
    We are located in Austin, Texas.
    Far from us but all the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast