• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Nitecore USA Introduction

NitecoreStore

Enlightened
Hello Candle Power Forum members!

A little bit about Nitecore and us. Nitecore is an innovative manufacturer of LED flashlights, batteries, chargers, and other accessories. They have been continuously rolling out innovative products. I am sure many of you are familiar with their products and are already fans. While we are a relatively new member on this forum, we are a long time distributor in the US and a fan of Nitecore products. Therefore, we are very familiar with all Nitecore offerings. Per Nitecore's request, we are creating a dedicated Nitecore manufacturer sub-forum to post new product announcements and gather customer feedback on behalf of Nitecore.

As the Nitecore US distributor, we sell directly to customers and recruit Nitecore dealers in the US. Check out our website www.nitecorestore.com for additional details. We have close contact with the Nitecore manufacturers and always get the latest scoop directly from them. We have been regularly monitoring Candle Power Forum discussions and sending your valuable feedback back to Nitecore to help influence their future product design and production. Certainly, for Candle Power Forum members, we will also provide the additional benefits of new product pre-announcements, product pre-orders, special member discounts, and promotions. Stay tuned and we look forward to hearing from you. Tell us what you like, what you dislike, or any questions you might have.

Cheers,
Nitecorestore.com

Last edited:

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Re: Nitecore USA Manufacturer Introduction

Good to see you here on CPF!

I'm currently being sorely tempted by the SRT6 - I love continuously-variable control rings :)

Ironically, most of my Nitecore purchases have been filters and diffusers, simply because you make the best range of types and sizes I know of. I'm always putting them on my other-brand lights, even to the extent of cutting bits off or sticking bits on to make them fit.

The rubbery black plastic you use for your flat forward-only diffusers is especially good for getting some leeway to fit different lights where hard plastic would just crack apart.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

NiteCore has some great products. Thanks for helping to bring these tools to the USA.

Could you perhaps explain why the NiteCore EC4 has such a large standby drain?

And could you be so kind to communicate with NiteCore whether they will sell us a 12 volt DC charging adaptor for the TM36?

Thank You

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

SRT6 is in my opinion the best SRT light in the series. Have them all and of course am sold on the smart ring UI. I wish I had a light box set up I swear my SRT6 is brighter than my SRT7

Phlogiston

Enlightened

You know, if Nitecore made the rest of the SRT6 the same width as the head, they could bore it for a 26650 and supply a sleeve for backward compatibility to 18650s.

50% extra runtime and a control ring. I'd definitely pay attention to that.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been eyeing the SRT5. I love that you offer both natural hard anodizing and black. I just wish you offered led options (neutral, warm). That's really the only thing keeping me from getting one. I can't stand cool white and I can't find anyone to mod it.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great to see Nitecore here on the board! A quick suggestion I would make would be to have a thread about what type of upcoming light/UI/features members on here would like to see. Also sometimes companies will do "limited runs" of lights specifically for a group like on here, something like this would be great. Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing some updates.

markr6

Flashaholic

Welcome! I've always been a Nitecore fan, but they missed the mark (but not by much) on many of the lights I wanted to purchase in the past.

Could you perhaps explain why the NiteCore EC4 has such a large standby drain?

I would really like to know this as well. High standby drain is a big deal with me lately. Some people make excuses for it, but I would rather be productive and fix the problem for future models or possible updates.

I can't complain about the amount of new products from Nitecore...they always seem to be coming up with something new and exciting.

akhyar

Enlightened

I'm with markr6 on the issue of high standby drain.
How come some of Nitecore's products like MH20 have low standby drain like their competitors while others like EC4, EC11 have very high standby drain?

AB8XL

Enlightened

Where is Nitecore's love for Nichia 219B LED's? the 219C is coming soon and seeing a couple lights offered with them would be nice.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello NitecoreStore, and welcome aboard.

I won't hit you with a bunch of questions here. We can save that for later. ;)

Right now, I only wish to say that I am highly satisfied the two Nitecore flashlights I own: the Nitecore P36 and the Nitecore Tube.

:welcome:

NitecoreStore

Enlightened

Thank you all for the kind words.

We will try our best to pass your feedback to the factory and address with any product concerns here.

Neutral white lights: The MH20 and MH12 have the neutral white versions now. We will have them up in NitecoreStore.com shortly. if the demands are high, we are pretty sure the factory will release more NW lights.

Canada dealers: We have no problem selling/distributing products to Canada. However, it makes much more sense directly importing from the factory to avoid double duty if you plan to sell the lights in Canada.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

What I would like to see from Nitecore the most, by a huge margin, is a revamped SRT line! No more chintzy plastic grip rings, utilize the latest emitters, redesign the low voltage sensor in the SRT6 and 7 to recognize when they have fresh 3 volt CR123's in them instead of the red LED on the heads go into near strobe as the low voltage sensors were not designed to recognize CR123 proper voltage a HUGE design flaw. Redesign the SRT7 RGB inserts in the 7's reflector for less artifacts when using the colored LED's. Lastly NC should submit a SRT revamp to a very well known reviewer like Selfbuilt. NC has made HUGE strides in 2015 it is time to revamp the couple years old now SRT's especially to where they actually meet NC's ANSI claims. SRT7 falls notoriously short in actual output vs NC ANSI claims. If NC revamped the SRT line to say 2016 editions and addressed these issues I will buy all the SRT's all over again.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast

What I would like to see from Nitecore the most, by a huge margin, is a revamped SRT line! No more chintzy plastic grip rings, utilize the latest emitters, redesign the low voltage sensor in the SRT6 and 7 to recognize when they have fresh 3 volt CR123's in them instead of the red LED on the heads go into near strobe as the low voltage sensors were not designed to recognize CR123 proper voltage a HUGE design flaw. Redesign the SRT7 RGB inserts in the 7's reflector for less artifacts when using the colored LED's. Lastly NC should submit a SRT revamp to a very well known reviewer like Selfbuilt. NC has made HUGE strides in 2015 it is time to revamp the couple years old now SRT's especially to where they actually meet NC's ANSI claims. SRT7 falls notoriously short in actual output vs NC ANSI claims. If NC revamped the SRT line to say 2016 editions and addressed these issues I will buy all the SRT's all over again.

Agreed! You forgot to add that a Neutral white SRT lineup would be a great addition as well!

NitecoreStore

Enlightened

From what I gathered, the SRT series uses magnetic ring interface which one YOU-KNOW-WHO manufacturer does not like. That's probably the reason the updates have been slow.