Third Party and/or OEM LED upgrades for Pelican Flashlights

ericjohn

Enlightened
So I've taken up the hobby of gongoozling. It's safer than foaming in my area and will still be possible to hear communications on a scanner for years to come. Because of this I've decided I wanted a flashlight that would fit the part. So, I've decided to give Pelican one last chance and ordered a yellow Mity Lite 1900. I've seen deckhands carry lights similar to that whilst standing on barges. I've have had crappy luck with Pelican in the past, but I'm willing to forget that.

Now my question is:

Is there an LED upgrade dropin for the Pelican Mity Lite 1900? It doesn't matter to me if it is OEM or Third Party. All that I care about is that it will fit properly while allowing the flashlight to remain submersible, require no mods whatsoever and run on 2 AAA batteries.

Does such a thing exist? I can't get a straight answer from ebay.

I know the light engine from a 1960 won't fit in a 1900, so I'm leaning more towards a third party replacement.

Also before I buy another Super Sabrelite 2000 is there any LED upgrade for that one?

I think I would prefer the Pocket Sabrelite 1820 agains is there an LED upgrade for that one as well?

I also might have my eyes on a Bayco if the price is right and the reviews are decent...

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
So I've taken up the hobby of gongoozling. So, I've decided to give Pelican one last chance and ordered a yellow Mity Lite 1900. I've seen deckhands carry lights similar to that whilst standing on barges. I've have had crappy luck with Pelican in the past, but I'm willing to forget that.

Now my question is:

Is there an LED upgrade dropin for the Pelican Mity Lite 1900? It doesn't matter to me if it is OEM or Third Party. All that I care about is that it will fit properly while allowing the flashlight to remain submersible, require no mods whatsoever and run on 2 AAA batteries.

My new word for the day. No canals where I am.

One (very peripheral) point to remember is that once you change the innards of an explosion-proof lamp, the original approval no longer applies. Doesn't affect you, of course, you're not likely to go into some gas-filled tank with your light. But you might consider blanking out the FM or UL or other approval marks on the light that shows it as explosion proof, in case somehow the light winds up in the hands of someone who doesn't understand it's history and the significance of the modification.

I'm probably being over cautious.

Bill

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Vinh Nguyen (V54) over in the modders section. I would think a Pelican would be a walk in the park for him to modify greatly

ericjohn

Enlightened
I wouldn't dare climb onto any of those barges. At any rate the Mity Lite 1900 in its original setup is only approved for Division 1 for group C and D. Those barges sometimes haul Group A and B.

It might be a good idea to blank out the approval.

At any rate do you know of an LED retrofit OEM or Third Party?