Inova x1 :-)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, im really happy ! Just picked up a cheap inova x1, the 55 lumen model was on sale but the postman bought me a 80 lumen model yay ! So I unpack it , its well made looks good threads are good classy looking, solid looking. Then I turned it on wooooaaaaa its so much brighter than I thought it would be ! I know I know dont laugh, but I am too used to the single 18650 1k lumen lights but this has really impressed me so far for what I thought would be a dim back up. Ive ended up using it loads for fun .
I only wished I picked up more inova sooner, anyways happy days ;-)

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: No matter how fancy other lights are, there will always be a place in my flashlight collection for the another generation of Inova X1. They are simple, well built, good performers. I've had several versions of X1, including the 80/11 lumen version you just received. Have fun.

inova-x1-v4.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I keep seeing that brand lately.

When throwing out some trash I found a brocure from a nite ize product I had bought and dawg gone if Inova lights won't in there.

80/11 you say? Do tell mon-frair....

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dual mode on my x1 works nicier than my x5, do you have more dual modes parnass ? And do they differ at all ? The x5 seems to really need a quick on/off to switch.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dual mode on my x1 works nicier than my x5, do you have more dual modes parnass ? And do they differ at all ? The x5 seems to really need a quick on/off to switch.

I have the current and prior version dual mode X1s, as well as dual mode XS (1AAA) and XP (2AAA). No problems with any of those dual mode lights.

Haven't tried a dual mode X5. I bought three or so single mode, 55 lumen X5s years ago when Target sold them cheaply. Unfortunately, Inova pushed those 5mm LEDs too hard in that version. I and other owners experienced LED failures. The current version X5 is rated at only 31 lumens max.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks, hopefully I have just the one that needs quick timing, im looking for an x2 and xs next, I think for the money if you shop around they are hard to beat for toughness, just got back from a night walk with my five year old, he had the x1, it was perfect for his hands and it punched out well for him. We had it at the indoor play two nights ago and was going down the tube slide holding the x1 in his hands, it looked really cool having a ring of light around him as he went down. So much you can do with lights !

Hows the xs beam and runtime against the x1? I could change my edc for one of them .

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
... Hows the xs beam and runtime against the x1? I could change my edc for one of them .

The quality and shape of the X1 and XS beams are similar to each other. My X1 throws a little farther than my XS. Besides the obvious physical size difference, the main difference between the X1 and XS is that the X1 has a longer runtime.

I used a 1900 mAH Eneloop NiMH battery to power the 80/11 lumen Inova X1 in the high brightness mode. It ran continuously for 2 hours 35 minutes without getting warm. At that point, the light emitted in the high mode was only a little brighter than in the low mode.

As for the 80/13 lumen Inova XS, I powered it in high brightness mode with an Eneloop AAA NiMH battery and observed it dimming after 70 minutes. I stopped the test at 74 minutes. The XS current consumption is reasonable. It draws 1048 mA from an Energizer lithium primary battery in high mode and 103 mA in low.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
That all sounds very reasonable, I must pick up some eneloops. Thanks.