Violently happy with my Rage

LightHearted

Enlightened
Hi all,

Well, I decided to paint the inside of my PT Rage black to see if that would stop or at least reduce the light leaking throught the plastic body. I called PT to make sure that this would not void the warranty. The guy I talked to didn't seem to know but ended up with a final answer of "probalby not," so I went for it. I pushed a piece of paper towel down inside so as not to paint over the battery contacts and sprayed a couple coats of flat black inside. BINGO! No light leaks. Now, I just hope that the heat from the bulb doesn't cause my light to explode. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I'll probalby still buy a black one though. You can never have too many good lights, right?

Thanks,
Ken
black.jpg

noleaks.JPG

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
good job.

i painted the outdside bezel area of 2 attitudes that had terrible backspill--totally fixed it!

an easy fix for a rather sweet little light.

Bob

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nicely done... who would've thought that such an easy fix would've done the job? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jbroker83

Enlightened
Great Idea....glad to see that drastically reduced the spill...expect the same when you buy the black one...very little spill.

I think that Princeton Tec's are very underated lights...they are quality, tough, dependable, most are waterproof, even diveproof, and are reasonable price wise.

I turned a friend on to them when my Rage blasted away his Mag-lite 2D---no contest!