PAL Light LEDs

Mike

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know where the LEDs used in PAL lights can be purchased? The one in my PAL Gold is very small and gives off an even light with the cover off. I was thinking you could combine several when making a custom bulb to use in a flashlight with a reflector.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
Does anybody know where the LEDs used in PAL lights can be purchased? The one in my PAL Gold is very small and gives off an even light with the cover off. I was thinking you could combine several when making a custom bulb to use in a flashlight with a reflector.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's my guess the LED inside the PAL flashlight is a Nichia NSSW440. This is a large SMD part with domed lens, and when run bare (like when you take the whole front rubber off your PAL) it has a viewing angle of 120° by 60° and has a luminous intensity of 660mcd. Note that the PAL severely overdrives the LED on "high", so you will get a lot more than 660mcd out of the tiny LED in this mode.

You will probably have to go directly to Nichia America to buy them.
I have contact info for Nichia on my website, under the "Where to buy" button.

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net

------------------

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by telephony on 01-09-2001 at 08:30 PM</font>