Problems changing a drop in...

nopeda

Newly Enlightened
I have an UltraFire WF-502B and that's easy to put a different drop in in, but I've also got a WF-501B and I can't even get the old one out of it. I got the big spring out and tore the small one off, but still can't get the drop in out. I've tried unscrewing it but can't get anywhere with that either. Does anyone have any other suggestion?

Thanks for any help!
David

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could find a wooden dowel rod that will fit inside the light and then try to tap it out. I would say there is a good chance you will break the driver though

nopeda

Newly Enlightened
You could find a wooden dowel rod that will fit inside the light and then try to tap it out. I would say there is a good chance you will break the driver though
Thank you for the suggestion! I found out by accident that the front section is in two pieces. In trying to get them apart I first tried putting it in a vice, trying not to bend it, and then used channel locks on the other section but couldn't grip it tight enough to keep it from slipping in the vice without danger of bending it out of shape. Finally I held one section with the channel locks and put a pipe wrench on the other and that got the job done.