TAD Gear LensLight KO TAD Edition Ti

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
The above light has recently appeared in the dutch auction section of the Heinnie Haynes website.
The starting price is £452.95 approx. $700!
Does anybody know anything about this light and how it comes to cost so much?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure the model you are talking about. But searched CPF.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?347646-TAD-Gear-LensLight-Micro-Ti-TAD-Edition

From what I read, they are pretty good quality lights. For some reason, you don't see much of them around here. I am guessing because there are better options for the money out there. They do have a unique look. Personally, I have never owned one. Just read a lot about them a year or so ago. I was really looking at one of their single cell Ti models. I like the Camo finishes.

That price seems a bit high, but like I say, I am not very well versed on this brand.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Hi mate. Those have been on and off Heinnie for some time. Like str8stroke says there are better and more unique options for the money it's on for just now. Really nice light though I nearly bought one from them in a desert sand finish but couldn't find enough information or reviews to take the risk with 300 quid

GearHunter

Enlightened
It costs so much because it says TAD on it! Triple Aught Design has a fanicatical following that will pay stupid money for anything with their symbol on it!!!

Don't get me wrong TAD makes some great gear...their bags and jackets/hoodies are top notch but the only thing they did with that light was have their name put on it and the price goes thru the roof because the scrapers buy them all up and put them on the secondary market. If you want a LensLight buy direct from either the manufacture or TAD ( if you can find it in stock) and save several hundred dollars.

As for the light...I owned one a few years back. The adjustable focus just not for me but seemed to be a top notch light as any item TAD brands.

Last edited:

Scourie

Enlightened
I had a standard KO for a while. Loved the flood but spot was a letdown, 10k lux from memory. Sold it on.

If Lenslight did a 18650 model with 20k spot I'd be on it.

Rob

Danielsan

Enlightened
Ive seen some reviews about the standard ones and those lights are really expensive because of made in the US. They dont have reflectors but zoom lenses. When you focus the lens to a tight spot you will get a square shaped spot, when you fully zoom it out its a nice big round and really even spot, very pleasant for the eyes. The lights are really large and thick for CR123 lights and the 2xCR123 version will not accept 18650s. If i would spend that much money for a flashlight i would choose the Noctifon Meteor instead :p I dont feel the price is justified in case of those Lens Lights but its made in the US and therefore expensive.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for the replies, the light disappeared from the site at more than £400 so I was too slow. I was not, however, very tempted at that price.