New Flashlight - LED Lenser P7 Replacement

daveb2

Newly Enlightened
Hi all
I currently have a LED Lenser P7 but i'm looking for something a bit brighter. Could anyone recommend any decent flashlights that are as small as the LED lenser, brighter and have the ability to focus the beam either big or small? Looking to spend around £40-£60

Thanks
Dave

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
as one of the few LED Lenser/Coast fans on the forum my advice to you would be to contact Vinh Nguyen over in the modders forum. LED Lensers and Coasts are simple lights and shouldnt be hard to modify at all. I am contacting Vinh to see if he can use my HP7 as a host, install his VN driver and an XP-L HI and make it a 1000 lumen 18650 beast...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The P7 is unique in it's interface.
So if you like the way it operates I don't know of any (non programable) lights.

For the price you mention there is a plethora of lights that size to pick from.
Focusable on the other hand narrows the field of choices quite a bit.

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
Hi all
I currently have a LED Lenser P7 but i'm looking for something a bit brighter. Could anyone recommend any decent flashlights that are as small as the LED lenser, brighter and have the ability to focus the beam either big or small? Looking to spend around £40-£60

Thanks
Dave
A LED Lenser P7.2 ?

D6859

Enlightened
What kind of batteries are you using in it? Have you tried rechargeable NiMH batteries, especially Eneloops that have low self-discharge rate? Updating your batteries to Eneloops might give your light a little more lifetime :)

I thought Led Lenser has patented the zoom they use and that Coast lights are only rebranded Led Lensers. Not sure though, as Fenix has recently come out with FD40. It is as long as P7.2 but I couldn't find the diameters to compare. I think the head is bigger than P7.2's. If you're not against using some money to the li-ion batteries and charger, it could be an option. And it's a lot​ brighter than P7(.2).

:welcome: