okay, need a little Arc4 help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I may be impaired, so forgive me, all. I'm trying to get into the "brightness" menu. I click 10 times and then the light stays on. Then, it goes into what I am assuming is the Options menu, because it starts to SOS and then errors out. I have tried pushing the button once the light stays on, but I must be doing it wrong. Help! The listed FAQ way of getting to the Options and Brightness menus seem to be identical. ??

TCG

Newly Enlightened
only difference is the length of time you hold the last click.

Click 10 times and release without holding, options menu.

Click 10 times and then hold the last click for a second or two, brightness menu.

Hope this helps.

Mahasamatman

Newly Enlightened
Try one of the simulators. I found it helpful to have one up on the computer as I worked on the light. I think I was successful clicking 10+ then holding the button down a few seconds. When you release, you're in the brightness menu. Then one (or more) click adjusts, two clicks "reverses," bright to dim (two clicks) dim to bright. When you're happy with the level, hold the button down for a few seconds to lock in. Again, try it on one of the simulators. Good luck!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, Please send me your Arc4+. I will figure it out for you and return it. It may take a couple of days though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Peter

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, LitFuse. I'm glad to see you're not above picking on the handicapped!! Heartwarming!

Maha, TCG... Got it!! Thanks!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive found that on my unit, holding on the 10th click doesnt work. Clicking 10 times THEN press and hold works like a charm for me. And dont worry, it took me the best part of a day to get into the brightness menu, so you're not alone.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
If you look at the ARC4 video thread and watch the brightness level clip, Peter explains that it isn't necessary to count ten clicks. Just click the button until the light goes solid, keep clicking while you decide what to do, either let go of the button to get into the options menu or hold the button down to get into the brightness settings. Peter himself doesn't count the clicks at all. Watching these videos is really helpful.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
May need lots of Arc4 help...

Hmmmm, I may need "Arc4 for Dummies" when I get mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

carmel

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:

Ive found that on my unit, holding on the 10th click doesnt work. Clicking 10 times THEN press and hold works like a charm for me. And dont worry, it took me the best part of a day to get into the brightness menu, so you're not alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same on mine; I go 12 or more before pressing. . .

carmel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts