New Parts idea(s)

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am developing new parts, and someone suggested I do a "C2M" for the regular-size Surefires. That would be an adapter to go from a standard-sized SF body (D2/3,6/9P, M2,C2/3) to the M3-sized head (including KL2). I would have these CNC'd, and anodized in HA3-natural.

Could those who would be interested in such a part please post here, so I can get an idea of the demand/interest level?

Other parts I am developing:

- E1-like body for 1 123 cell
- 2 different tailcap ends that would connect to my 1-cell extenders, 1 for Kroll (including switch guard), 1 for Z52 or Z57 (SF E-series TCS)
- others under dicussion/development

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Doug,

I think demand exists for 1x123 or even 2x123 body (for Kroll switch) since 1) There are lots of modded heads (e.g. the McLux series) that require a low-cost yet quality body with switch; 2) Surefire is restricting the distibution of compatible parts (including bodies and tailcaps) and 3) McLux power pack in 1x123 and 2x123 configurations are out.

1/2 M6 body (i.e. 3x123 batteries sitting next to each other instead of one following another) will be another interesting offer. It will work with KL2, KL6 and M3/M3T head with a much shortened body. I have yet to figure out the switch configuration yet - maybe someone can come up with a multi-level switch?

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Doug,

BTW, how about incorporating a (hole for) lanyard ring into the new body design(s)? It can easily be a part of the switch guard (for Kroll).

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Alan Hsu said:
Doug,

I think demand exists for 1x123 or even 2x123 body (for Kroll switch) since 1) There are lots of modded heads (e.g. the McLux series) that require a low-cost yet quality body with switch; 2) Surefire is restricting the distibution of compatible parts (including bodies and tailcaps) and 3) McLux power pack in 1x123 and 2x123 configurations are out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I personally have been looking for both now for some time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I would be in line for them especially with some kind of KG.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

BradN

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DSpeck said:
I am developing new parts, and someone suggested I do a "C2M" for the regular-size Surefires. That would be an adapter to go from a standard-sized SF body (D2/3,6/9P, M2,C2/3) to the M3-sized head (including KL2). I would have these CNC'd, and anodized in HA3-natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've built some of these for the local PD. They were putting KL2's on M2 bodies...kinda cool lights.

so, yes, there is some request for them.

G Pilot

Enlightened
Yes 123 bodies. I hate having to switch my one Surefire body. It would be nice to have complete flashlights ready to use instead of alot of heads sitting around.

Great idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I would like to have the C2M. I would use it to put any M series bezels I have laying around on the relatively cheap C3 body. I would even use them on a 9P, D3, Z3 etc..

I would like to have a set of one, two, three and four 123A cell bodies with a Black HA III finish (no extensions). This would eliminate the problem of added resistance of multiple connections from battery extenders. Those would be for the black PR and PR-T bezels. The four cell tube would be great with an E2C, 3" T-Head and the N62 Lamp Assembly too. The Classic Kroll switch would be nice with it.

One more. E2C in Black HA III. Make the exposed edge of the E2C easier to grip. I have arthritis and have trouble getting bezels off the E2C.

Thank you,
oldgrandpajack

PS: Please do not HA any threads and inside the tubes and adapters.

jtice

Flashaholic
I would suggest the tailcaps.
Make some to let a kroll be used WITH tail gaurd.

OR, make it so the SF switch guts can be removed, and placed in your new tailcap WITH switch gaurd.

Might be better to go the SF switch way, I think the kroll is gonna make the light longer, maybe not by enough to matter though. But the gaurd would have to be longer to cover the kroll vs. the SF switch.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
oldgrandpajack said:

I would like to have a set of one, two, three and four 123A cell bodies with a Black HA III finish (no extensions). This would eliminate the problem of added resistance of multiple connections from battery extenders. Those would be for the black PR and PR-T bezels. The four cell tube would be great with an E2C, 3" T-Head and the N62 Lamp Assembly too. The Classic Kroll switch would be nice with it.

Thank you,
oldgrandpajack

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, what he said! Black HA with a good switching mechanism!

Failing that, a (BLACK HA) C2E would be very nice. If I could put my black McLux PR head on a 6P or D2 life would be good.

Jon

makar

Enlightened
@ oldgrandpajack
[ QUOTE ]
PS: Please do not HA any threads and inside the tubes and adapters.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you want the hole unit ha?
marc

K-T

*Moderator*
A C-M adapter would be cool. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Of course in HA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

HunterSon

Enlightened
How about a battery tube like the UBH but for 1 AA. Have it's inside diameter the same as a 123.
See where I am heading?
Use a 123 with a battery button, or a AA with the plastic spacer tube.
Great for McLux heads with MadMax converters in them.
I guess you could call it the UBH 1/2 or the UBH 0.5.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hunterson - something like that is also in mind (and going on the drawing board soon!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's looking like there is definite interest in the C2M, at least. Now, if you have any more ideas, please post what you'd like to see here. I can always use more ideas for parts.