Surefire 8AX Commander - Junk?

coltchris

Newly Enlightened
Don't know if this post belongs here; if not, please advise proper section! I have a Surefire 8AX Commander that's been setting around for years, since the old B90 batteries went bad in 2011. My question is can it be converted to anything or are the components of any value? Or, should I just junk it? Thanks.

I tried searching to no avail.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will save you some time. Give it away or sell it for cheap. Not much out there for those worth messing with. Sorry for the negative sounding response. :)

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Classic incan. Buy a Streamlight Stinger battery stick, solder a negative connector from a two piece 9 volt battery, to the top of the Stinger stick, making your own B90. Then use it.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
One man's junk is another's recycled treasure. :)

Last edited:

coltchris

Newly Enlightened
Classic incan. Buy a Streamlight Stinger battery stick, solder a negative connector from a two piece 9 volt battery, to the top of the Stinger stick, making your own B90. Then use it.

Sounds simple, but at 77, not that handy anymore! Will send you the light w/carry case & charger for $25!!! In great shape!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool solution. Now you can pick up a Solarforce L2 with a Tana Triple Nichia P60 drop in! :) You will be one of the brightest 77 year olds on the block!