aaa mini mag moding help please

raggie33

*the raggedier*
what can i do with a aaa mini mag it has one aaa battery .i need a very easy and cheap mod if there is one

Negeltu

Enlightened
You can put one of those 12volt remote batteries in there and pop a white 5mm led in place of the bulb. Simplest that I am aware of.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
aaa MiniMag with only 1 aaa battery? You mean a solitaire? I thought aaa MiniMag's always have 2 batteries.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o yeah sorry solitare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

was_jlh

Enlightened
Raggie, there used to be a guy at whiteleds.com ( or something like that ) that would sell them in small quantities. He was a good guy.

I'll try to remember when I get home tonight to see if I have any laying around from when I modded my Solitaire.

Joe

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i may have some 3mm i may try i got em out of some led lite jewelry opps i have some in another led i have its blue but it runs on 6 volts guess ill need to reduce the 12 down?

charliek

Enlightened
The 3mm LED fits right in the top without needing to modify the reflector- and if you seat it right- you'll actually get focus like it did with the old lamp!
(I've done a few of these myself-)

Make a spacer for the battery with a dowel pin about the diameter of the battery- then add a 100 ohm or so resistor to limit the juice to the led by grinding a groove in the dowel and wrapping the leads around (end to end) the dowel.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
kewl thats what ill do i have a few of em some where and they was very brite for what they was. was a pain geting em out of the jewelery though ty