Olight Beam Profile Questions

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thanks in advance to the forum members - Is the Olight R40 Beamprofile all that different from an M22 or even M23 for the matter?
I asked the comparison question regarding the S80 and R40, and it seems like the R40 is the way to go between those two. Now
the question is, would the M22 or M23 offer the same beam profile in an 18650 format?

I understand the differences between the lights regarding UI, batteries, in light charging or not, etc... My question is related to beam profiles so
Anyone who's used/has experience with both these lights, it sure would be great to have your input.

Thank you,
RC

kj2

Flashaholic
Looking at the intensity of the R40 and M22, both are quite close. Never had both side-by-side, so can only imagine.
The M23 will throw a lot further, because of the used led.

Beam shots in both videos:

RCLumens

Enlightened
Hi kj2, many thanks for your input! Have definitely checked these out. It's too bad that the video's arent in the same setting...Plus I think
Marshall got a newer camera when he moved. I think you're right though - they seem pretty close. I also read on the forums (might have been another one) and someone had said that there wasn't a huge difference between the M22 & M23. Some, but not much which if true is good for what I'm looking for. My Eagletac G25C2 with the XPL Hi is definitely a solid thrower and while it does cast a more balanced (Spot vs spill) beam than my M2X, it's still more focused than what I'm looking for. What do you think? I saw your review of the M23 which was awesome - do you think that even theough the M23 throws more than the M22, that there's a sacrifice of spill/flood? Also, as for an everyday easy to use light (I think the Olight M series is pretty easy to use) that the R40 packs more light and lasts longer because of the batery? Thanks so much in advance!!