Tell me about the SF M6

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Hello out there!

I just pieced together an M6! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif
The bezel and body match perfectly even though
they were purchased separately. The LOLA and HOLA
should be here in a day or two and were ordered
at the same time as the battery magazine.

Tell me what I need to know about the light.

How do the two LA's compare?

What is the effective run-time before "yellowing"?

What other LA's can I run? (and how do I put in just three batteries?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

What are the "must have" accessories?

I eagerly await your hints, tips, and suggestions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
The only must-have accessory I can think of and of major importance are lots and lots of 123A's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

The M6 is a wonderful light - you might want to do a search and find several reports of how people feel about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mr HG

Enlightened
Blackhawk M6 pouch.
I always carry my M6 in one of those.
It maybe odd, butt I prefer the LOLA becasue of the beam.
It is by far the best beam I've seen from a incand. flashligt
No disrespect to the HOLA, its awsome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/Henrik

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't point it at your eyes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Try holding it about a foot from your chest and turn on the HOLA, see how long you can hold it there before you "feel the burn". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
DEEP POCKETS comes to mind. Two reasons: to afford the batteries and to carry spare batteries.

I bought one a couple of months ago and haven't even opened it. Can't decide if I want to keep it or sell it. The thought of the operating expense is daunting. May end up putting the KL6 bezel on it, if I keep it. Has anyone done a runtime test on the KL6+M6 body yet?

oldgrandpajack

kaseri

Enlightened
Can the KL6 head work on an M6? If so do you need to remove three of the batteries or will the KL6 work with all six batteries?

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Nice, M6 is the perfect instrument for Flashaholic. The cons is it's use cost, estimated to $1 per minute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But when you love you don't count !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
$1.00 a min .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif good thing I have plenty of 123's

kaseri

Enlightened
** Woah how the heck did this double post happen?? **

$1.00 a min .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif good thing I have plenty of 123's

symes

Enlightened
It might well be the light you use the least, but when you use it, you'll love it the most...

Options?....
I had a KL2 for my M3 which was a nice all around flood without much long throw, so it got sidelined. I keep it with my M6 and on that body it lasts a good 3.5+ hours at full brightness (27 lumens claimed...) - that's actually pretty bright because it is spread over a wide area and not over 100 yards depth, fills a large room very well. It almost makes me want to get another M6 body just to keep the KL2 on because it is really a bit too short a life on the M3.

One tip though, keep a set of batteries that you put in it for when you want to "just keep turning it on at night...". Then keep a separate set that you keep fresh for when you really want it on standby. I kept turning mine on for the first few days just because I couldn't believe the brightness of that 500 lumen lamp and kept draining batteries...

Sorry, it's a disease and an addiction and in the flashlight world, by getting an M6 you just reached the equivalent of IV Heroin - cool for the moment, expensive and it'll consume you in the end!

Awesome light though and still the best IMHO.

Kind regards,

Simon

brightnorm

Flashaholic
The M6 with HOLA is the light I use the least but enjoy the most. Its beam is extraordinarily bright and white, very broad yet with remarkable reach. It is an instrument that, when held, examined, and utilized bespeaks quality, creative design, beautiful engineering and the quest for excellence. It is a light whose appearance belies the power that slumbers within. With HOLA its true self manifests in a searchlight beam out of all proportion to its modest dimensions and weight. It is an extravagance which for most people cannot be justified on any practical grounds other than the joy it brings to a Flashaholic's heart.

Brightnorm

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hate to be the odd man out here but the M6 didn't do a thing for me. I finally received one about a month ago after wanting one for years. I sold it less than a week later. I wasn't impressed by it's LA's "squashed" beams and even it's brightness left me flat. I guess I had too high of expectations because I really was expecting more after reading all the accolades throughout the years. Even though it's not really large, it was too large for me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not telling anyone NOT to get one because it IS a very nicely crafted light. It just was a disappointment TO ME especially considering it's breathtaking price.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux,

I would suggest using the MN20 for most of the time. You will probably find it (and Dan at TW will back me up on this) the most white and pleasing (but bright as he!!) beam. When you need to peel the paint off the side of your car, drop in the MN21.

My best advise:

GET A BLACKHAWK M6 POUCH FOR IT. The Blackhawk may not be as thick as the other one (name escapes me), but it covers the entire light body and leaves no open gaps.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Blackhawk M6 pouch as well. I keep one of my M6's in that, and the other M6, I have the beam cover on it since it's out in the open. Helps protect the lens and bezel.