Do the 2016 lights come out whenever they get something ready for release?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
..... or do most of the manufacturers release them at a certain time? I thought I'd be seeing some new models soon, but haven't so far. :confused:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that can really vary based on manufacture. Not all release new lights every year like Apple does gear. Some, like Surefire, show lights that they claim they will release and here we are 10 years later and it never comes! lol

EagleTac is pretty good about timely releasing new lights and assigning a year to them.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Thanks, I just wondered.. It's like the car manufacturers, every September you get to see the new offerings for 2016. I guess the flashlight world is somewhat less structured.

markr6

Flashaholic
I was just going to mention car manufacturers...flashlights don't seem to follow that pattern at all. They all seem to release lights gradually throughout the year or as new technology comes along. When the XP-L HI hit recently, lots of manufacturers jumped on board with that LED, many hitting the market around the same time. Even if they have a "2016 Product Catalog", you may not see the light until closer to 2017. Just depends.

D6859

Enlightened
I already have 2016 version of Thrunite TN12. I don't know why they gave it 2016 label as it was released this fall already.

sonvu989

Banned
Many manufacturers have applied LED technology into their products, especially the giants in the automotive industry