Dual Beam

S

Saville

I read there is a flashlight, a kind using 123 batts, with a low, maybe LED light and a high beam. The article said it was for pilots to be able to check the plane then also use it inside the cocpit. Who makes these? Are they any good?
Saville

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they are very good. Surefire does not recomend it as a tatical light, but I use it for one. The 3 led low beam is sufficient for most close task. I would suggest buying one in a hurry a the price seems to go up everyday on these. It comes in with your choice of 4 different colored leds, red, blue, green, or white. I just have the white, and use a F06 filter cover to change to different colored lenses. The incandescent is rated at 50 lumens, and will throw 30 feet fairly good.

Lagged2Death

Newly Enlightened
Quickbeam's excellent and informative site, flashlightreviews.com, includes a special category for dual LED/incandescent lights. He's got a review of the Surefire A2 there. He's also got a review of the Streamlight Twin Task lights, some of which are lithium 123 cell lights, and are much, much cheaper (but also dimmer) than the A2.

The incandescent/LED setup seems to be especially common in headlamps.

rlhess

Enlightened
While the A2 is perhaps one of the first, and perhaps one of the brightest on incandescent.

A not-to-be-sneezed at light is the Streamlight 2-lithium Twin Task. There is also a 1-lithium 123 version.

Cheers,

Richard

Latest posts