Lumintop Tool Copper flashlight for sale at fstoplights- too good to be true?

jrevelator

Newly Enlightened
So I'm really really new here and I've just started getting into flashlights, specifically copper flashlights. I've figured out I like the clicky flashlights in copper and I just stumbled upon a supposed "limited edition" mini copper flashlight clicky that runs on AAA. No mention on the production run so I wonder if it is limited edition; looks like a nice little flashlight. Looking around on the board I've seen numerous people lament their inability to find one for sale so I thought I'd do my first post in hopes of doing a good deed. I just bought one myself but I've never purchased anything from Singapore, has anyone had any luck buying from fstop lights? I've never heard of them before but to get an ok copper clicky light for around 42 dollars American shipped seems like a good deal, maybe too good to be true? Any opinions or thoughts are appreciated. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.fstoplights.com/lumintop-tool-copper-xp-g2-r5-110-lumens-limited-edition-aaa-flashlight/

Under my name it says unenlightened...How true!

Last edited:

Wrathbringer27

Newly Enlightened
So I'm really really new here and I've just started getting into flashlights, specifically copper flashlights. I've figured out I like the clicky flashlights in copper and I just stumbled upon a supposed "limited edition" mini copper flashlight clicky that runs on AAA. No mention on the production run so I wonder if it is limited edition; looks like a nice little flashlight. Looking around on the board I've seen numerous people lament their inability to find one for sale so I thought I'd do my first post in hopes of doing a good deed. I just bought one myself but I've never purchased anything from Singapore, has anyone had any luck buying from fstop lights? I've never heard of them before but to get an ok copper clicky light for around 42 dollars American shipped seems like a good deal, maybe too good to be true? Any opinions or thoughts are appreciated. Here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.fstoplights.com/lumintop-tool-copper-xp-g2-r5-110-lumens-limited-edition-aaa-flashlight/

Under my name it says unenlightened...How true!
fstoplights only has 1 store in Singapore and so far their customer service is really good! Do not worry :)

jrevelator

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up. And hello to everyone. Hope some people snagged one. Cheers!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these forward clickies by chance?

always wanted a copper light. And medium-first always, no mode memory is the next best thing to single mode to me.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an Armytek from them a few months ago but had to return it because that model had issues/glitches that Armytek could not resolve. Their customer service is good and I live outside Singapore. :)

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reverse clicky drives me bonkers. I get they're cheaper to make, may be more durable, and won't accidentally get bumped on but... is there a way to replace the reverse clicky button on the Lumintop Tool with a forward click switch?

Reverse clicky is shorter than a forward clicky, that is why they use them on small lights.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Streamlight MicroStream has a forward clicky.
Let us know if it fits (It might even just screw on, dont know)

fwiw, the MicroStream clip fits the Tool, allowing deeper carry

The Copper Tool is now on Amazon in the N219, No PWM, MLH, 18-3-80 lumen sequence. No Firefly, no tailstand. Here is a 20% discount code. MARTIN20

Or you can wait for the Rey Light group buy that is supposed to have LMH 1-18-80 modes with the N219, No PWM, no tailstand.

Or you can wait for a Titanium version, that "might" tailstand.

Or if you want a really bright version, with LiIon, you can get the custom driver equipped ToolVN, either copper or alum, and your choice of LED.

So 4, count em, 4 different ways to spend your money on Tools :)

Last edited:

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
jon, what do you know about the Ti version? Of course we gotta have'em. Tiny Ti's are just awesome!

BTW, the MARTIN20 coupon is applied in addition to the Lumintop standard discount offer that increase with the number of lights purchased.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
jon, what do you know about the Ti version?

I like Ti for lightweight, I cant live with the gritty threads of a twisty Ti, and the Ti Maratac only comes in Cool White, no N219
there may be a TiTool in the works, which wont need to be twisted, just clicked, it might be offered in N219, and that would probably lego with the Maratacs

If you lego the Ti with other metals, the galling stops

Specific to the Maratac Ti, most people agree the threads are typical galling gritty titanium, a couple others say with grease and working the threads, they get better.. I have not tried the Maratac Ti myself, I keep buying Copper ones instead.

I do own Copper Maratacs, and the Thrunite Titanium Xmas. I like the form of the Thrunite better, the body is not as narrowed down and the Tool and Maratac, so I find it more comfortable, I also like the keyring of the Thrunite better. The Thrunite has a considerably lower low than the Maratac or Tool. I like lows below 0.5 lumens. The Thrunite driver is also No PWM and LMH, but dont offer an N219 either.

I like the Thrunite driver so much more than the old PWM based Maratac driver, that I had a CU Maratac customised to that driver, plus an N219b, by Vinh. And another with an XPG 3000K. Im delving deeply into High CRI, and I LOVE copper lights. So Im super excited to see the Copper Tools being offered with N219

The latest Maratac also have no PWM and also have the ring in the reflector like the new Tools. I think the Maratacs are now excellent candidates for an N219 led, with a lower low than the Tools, a higher high, and a higher medium.. since N219 costs brightness, I think the Maratac circuit is a better match to the N219 than the stock Tool Circuit.. but again, no off the shelf N219 Maratac.. yet

The Copper Tools currently available on Amazon are No PWM, MLH 18-3-80 in N219

Im holding out for the group buy Copper Tools if they actually happen with a lower low.. LMH 1-18-80 also N219
I expect Fstoplights will also carry this version, dont think Amazon will. And I cant tell if Amazon is still selling Tools from the yes PWM batch, I suggest asking the seller for a photo of the actual LED so you can see which reflector it has.

The ring around the LED is confirmation of a NoPWM driver, afaict

Presently the latest Copper and Titanium Maratacs are also MLH, and no PWM, modes are 40-1.5-138 but only available in cool white XPG2, no N219.

Im curious to try the Copper Tool 219 head on the Copper Maratac body, to get a tailstanding Copper N219. Im in a no Cool White phase, so

The clickie Maratac will be up for grabs.. brighter than the Cool White Tool (20-5-110), and with a lower low.. imo a better Cool White option than a CW Tool.. end promotional literature.. LOL

now what is this thread about.. oh yeah
No, FStopLights is not too good to be true.. however, they are sold out on the last run of Copper Tools.. and not yet restocked with the new run, but I did buy a Tool from them, and the transaction was easy, the price was very reasonable, less than Amazon in fact, even after shipping from Singapore. I would do business with Fstop again.. thumbs up

Last edited: