Arc4 lumen output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frangible

Enlightened
Anyone know the output of the Arc4 in lumens? I can only find it in Lux. Thanks.

BobG

Newly Enlightened
Please, please, please realize that nothing definitive has been published but I wrote down some notes about this subject that appeared in a number of posts at various times as the Arc4 was developing.

Back on September 23, 2003 Peter G. posted something to the effect that he was looking to get around the following:
Boost Mode: 33 Lumens
High: 29 Lumens
Cruise: 23 Lumens

Since the current LSH-P has been tested in an integrating sphere and produces 22-25 lumens, the Arc4 is probably in line with the above targets. But again this is pure speculation based on piecing together odds and ends of info. If it is really important to be accurate we will need to wait until Arc commissions and publishes some test results as was done for the current LS's and AAA.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
Peter refers to a specific number in the radio interview. Anyone remembers how many lumens that were?

carmel

Newly Enlightened
Based on my lux readings

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB31&Number=449919&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

of three LSH-Ps compared to the Arc4+, I would think that the lumen output in the high output mode is above 30 lumens, perhaps even 35+. Given that the beams are about the same size, the relative lux should be a pretty good indicator of relative lumen output.

Since all Arc4's are supposed to have the same brightness at each level (the variations are in runtime), Peter should be able to get an accurate lumen output for each level. I can't wait to see it!!

carmel

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
On high mode, the hotspot of my ARC4+ is easily twice as bright as my KL3/M2, at least to the naked eye. This may be due to the fact that my particular KL3 is quite purple, whereas the ARC is much whiter.
Im guessing that what i see is correct, considering as the KL3 is driven at 330mA, with the High mode on the ARC is in the region of 700mA. I guess the only way to be sure is to put them both in an integratig sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.