Anyone else get in trouble with the wife/SO when...

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
bang good showed up on the CC or Debit card statement for the first time.

[youdidsomethingwrongvoice]"honey.... what is bang good?"[/youdidsomethingwrongvoice]

LOL.. I had to shepishly say "I bought another flashlight... it was only $10"

I ordered one of the new Olight i3e lights.

Last edited:

mwingeier

Newly Enlightened
I've never been busted, but I keep track of the finances, so I think I get it worse in some respects. My wife makes no attempt to assist me in willpower, she just tells me that I know the budget and what we can afford.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUDE!! PAYPAL!!! lol
No More Free Ride for you!
Seriously, with a charge showing up as Bang Good on the statement, you are gonna get some legit questioning. Especially in light of the whole Ashley Madison thing ha! You carry the blame here. You should have forewarned her. But if she is tripping out on some $10 stuff, you may want to delete your CPF account too! lol

Every light I order is a Budget rig from China or parts. :thumbsup:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
[youdidsomethingwrongvoice]"honey.... what is bang good?"[/youdidsomethingwrongvoice]
Uhhh....

[youdidsomethingwrongvoice]"honey.... it's on the statement 5 times?"[/youdidsomethingwrongvoice]

Uhhh....

[youdidsomethingwrongvoice]"honey.... you've been looking at teh pr0nz0rz on teh intarwebz again, haven't you?[/youdidsomethingwrongvoice]

Uhhh... flashlights. It's just flashlights, really!

[youdidsomethingwrongvoice]"honey.... we've talked about this before. I'm supposed to be enough for you.[/youdidsomethingwrongvoice]

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My wife asked the other day if she needs to look out for any packages any time soon....

So I guess you could say she's cool about it.

Now if it was 'our' money I was spending...yeah I'd give her the heads up before pulling the trigger.

But I use overtime $ for the toys I buy.

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
DUDE!! PAYPAL!!! lol
Seriously, with a charge showing up as Bang Good on the statement, you are gonna get some legit questioning. Especially in light of the whole Ashley Madison thing ha! You carry the blame here. You should have forewarned her. But if she is tripping out on some $10 stuff, you may want to delete your CPF account too! lol

LOL.. no she did not trip out over the $10. Her first thought was that our bank account had been compromised! She figured it out and then set the trap for when I got home to mess with me.

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Wife: "What's this charge from Bang Good? You didn't buy another flashlight did you?"

You: "No, it's another woman! Honest!"

Wife: "It'd better be! I told you no more flashlights!"

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

I have protection!!!! For a start i have my own account, 2nd i get delivered to works add:whistle:

Although she does like flashlights and find them useful(not to my extent). She does not mind the odd one coming though the mail. Besides she is used to me and knows i am a gadget guy, i have more vape stuff through the mail than lights, be it fluids,cells,tanks and mods.

Or maybe better put, think she has given up on me :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
DUDE!! PAYPAL!!! lol
Seriously, with a charge showing up as Bang Good on the statement, you are gonna get some legit questioning. Especially in light of the whole Ashley Madison thing ha! You carry the blame here.

. :thumbsup:

:laughing: now that i look at it like that ,your point is excellent !!!

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tell mine about them and she is ok with it as long as I'm not bankruptcying (it's not a real word but we say it in Kentucky anyways lol) us it's fine. Although the other night when I was ordering my HL35 I kept trying to add a few other lights to the cart but was told no lol.

ven

Flashaholic
I tell mine about them and she is ok with it as long as I'm not bankruptcying (it's not a real word but we say it in Kentucky anyways lol) us it's fine. Although the other night when I was ordering my HL35 I kept trying to add a few other lights to the cart but was told no lol.

You let the wife see your cart:faint:

:laughing:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup because I can't hide it anyways. She is home when the mail comes and I'm at school plus she knows what lights I already have so when I get a new one she notices lol

ven

Flashaholic
Yup because I can't hide it anyways. She is home when the mail comes and I'm at school plus she knows what lights I already have so when I get a new one she notices lol

You need to change delivery address to school:whistle: then just sneak it in there............;)

Ones i have that are not in immediate use are in a few draws, guess i could add 10 and she would not know.... I do get sometimes " is that a new torch?" "nah , had it a while now"

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
I get the "is that new" question sometimes too because some of mine look brand new. I am truthful though I don't think she believes me sometimes. I just have a lot of lights I got just to get and they are never used.

I always let her know when I am going to get one(even though she might not remember i said it), and we have an understanding.. I have my hobbies as long as I let her know what I am buying and she has hers... Kate Spade Purses, Shoes, and clothes.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUDE!! PAYPAL!!! lol

you too, huh! :)

plasma327

Newly Enlightened
My wife is very cool with my want's and toys. She thinks it is ridiculous i would spend $400.00 (TM36) on a light. I also laugh at her when she spends $300.00 on coach purses, shoes etc.. so it all evens out for us. "Bang Good" That is funny though..

Taz80

Enlightened
I tried the " It's my overtime money" Yup didn't work. It turns out my money is our money and her money is her money and somehow none of it's my money.:broke::mecry:And she thinks I have enough flashlights:shrug: crazy right:thinking:.