Another happy L5 jockey

alberto

Enlightened
Just got my L5 today from TW and am very impressed. It's whiter than any LED I own.

It's my first Surefire "C" sized light and am surprised how substantial it feels in my hands, as compared to the "E" lights. It's probably a little big for an EDC but will definitely have uses for which it'll be the best choice.

Now back to playing......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woodsman

Newly Enlightened
I got home today and saw fedex had left a note on the door, I was dissapointed they hadnt just left it. Anyway I went and picked it up. I can't beleive the output of this baby. It looks to me like it is putting out around 80-100 lumens. It is almost as bright as my M3 with the 125 lumen lamp!!
Maybe we just got a good batch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif A great side note, Jon said my pila batteries and charger are shipping out first thing in the morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh yeah, I got mine from TW as well.
Thanks, guys!!

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recieved mine from TW also. Nice light, good flood with a bit of a hotspot. No donut hole either. Smaller than I thought.

Is this the last non variable output LED light I will ever buy?
I wonder.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in too! Fed Ex made me very happy with a new L5 to play with. I am smitten.

alberto

Enlightened
Wolfen:

Like you, this will be the last 5-watt, non-variable, HA-III, white, Surefire light I'll ever buy. I'm quitting. I'm now satisfied.

Wait........it that another new light? I need help......

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Wolfen said:
I recieved mine from TW also. Nice light, good flood with a bit of a hotspot. No donut hole either. Smaller than I thought.

Is this the last non variable output LED light I will ever buy?
I wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure there is no donut hole? I don't have an L5 but I have a KL5 fitted on M2. It is the same head anyway. My KL5 produces a donut hole when projected about 2 to 4 meters away from me. Anything nearer than 2 meters or above 4 meters it is ok.

Andy Ho

terrybright

Newly Enlightened
I have an L5 and there is no doughnut hole at any distance. Of the ten flashlights I own I like the beam quality of the L5 best. Of course, I do have lights that deliver more quantity - but that is a different criterion.

ViciousCycle74

Newly Enlightened
I have had my L5 for a while now, and it definatly has the best, most usfull output of any of my non-edc lights. The color is the whitest I've seen from any led (including LSH-P, and SN-II). There is a donut hole, but much smaller and less noticable than any of my L4's). Thanks to Dan for this light as well.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked again, no donut hole at any distance.

OT:Anybody know of a synthetic holster for the L5?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I getting a fluke KL5??? Why do I keep getting the donut hole? I can live with it but I am just not happy after paying so much for the KL5.

Thanks guys for the confirmation.

Andy Ho

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
alberto said:
Just got my L5 today from TW and am very impressed. It's whiter than any LED I own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from TW on Thursday. I do like the tight beam much better than the beam of the L4. It doesn't have the near-perfect, neutral beam of my L4 (which I'm selling), but my L5's beam is still a "cool white" and not blue.

Eagle1

Newly Enlightened
I ordered an L5 on Thursday afternoon from TW, and it was at my door on Friday in less than 24 hours. (And I only paid for 2 day shipping).

Both my L4 & L5 have no donut holes, and I am currently carrying the L5 on duty with me. This has to be a damn nice light. Every other officer looks at me in AWE, as I use this beast!!! I just wonder how it will hold up to the abuse of everyday duty use, Banging around, etc...

Dan @ TW is excellant, he hooked me up Big time, I cannot say enough about this guy and the way he runs his business.