Status of the TK61

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The Fenix TK61 "thrower" is now out of production and we are out. Don't fret. Fenix has plans for another "thrower" in 2016. It won't be an upgraded TK61...but a separate light. That means newer technology and an improved operation.

61657944.jpg

kj75

Enlightened
Please hurry up Fenix!!!
It takes to long, other brands already released throwers of the new generation...

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add me to the list of anxiously waiting...

Then, hopefully I can muster enough inner strength to elbow my way to the front of the order line! :naughty:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We just got the release schedule through March and don't see the TK61 in the list. We will get more information and let you know. Things we see: TK41C, CL30R Lantern, TK32(2016), and more. TEASER

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
We just got the release schedule through March and don't see the TK61 in the list. We will get more information and let you know. Things we see: TK41C, CL30R Lantern, TK32(2016), and more. TEASER

I saw the other day the TK41 had been discontinued and wondered if they had a new one planned. Based on it having a "C" designation I'm taking it will have RGB and hopefully an XPL HI in the neutral tint range (5000k) with at least 150k cd and a similar UI to what it has now. The TK32 I'm sure will be upgraded with an XPL HI which will make it a heck of a thrower.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tk41's are my car lights. I like the 8AA battery size and that the light is a thrower verses a flood light.

Not sure what can be done with the four color LED to make the light throw without artifacts.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The TK41C, 1000 Lumens, is scheduled to release Jan. 16 (tentative). XM-L2 U2 LED.

I saw the other day the TK41 had been discontinued and wondered if they had a new one planned. Based on it having a "C" designation I'm taking it will have RGB and hopefully an XPL HI in the neutral tint range (5000k) with at least 150k cd and a similar UI to what it has now. The TK32 I'm sure will be upgraded with an XPL HI which will make it a heck of a thrower.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance of pulling some strings with your inside connections at Fenix to find out if an updated TK61 (or new thrower) is even in the pipeline for a 2016 release?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We asked 6 days ago and this is what we got back:

"Now our R&D dept. just started this project and even don't have the specific product definition yet. Everything is uncertain now.

Glad to know that the customers are looking forward to getting this light. Please tell them to wait with patience. I will follow up and keep you updated."

Any chance of pulling some strings with your inside connections at Fenix to find out if an updated TK61 (or new thrower) is even in the pipeline for a 2016 release?

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Now our R&D dept. just started this project and even don't have the specific product definition yet. Everything is uncertain now.

Glad to know that the customers are looking forward to getting this light. Please tell them to wait with patience. I will follow up and keep you updated."

Thank You!

For the sake of our sanity, we'll have to clear our minds of it and then be surprised when you drop the big announcement! :paypal:

Xaios

Newly Enlightened

Nuts, sounds like it'll be later rather than sooner.