Eagletac D25A XP-G2 Titanium 2014 oh my so awesome $40

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a couple of the XP-G2 models of these from an AD last week for $40 a pop and was glad to see some still available. Another AD had bought up most and only had the xml2 currently available...the one I bought from still has 30 of the XP-G2 available!

Just one thing I noticed is the titanium seems to be of a flat non-polished type; eagletac's site list the 2014 and 2015 as polished? The clip and tail end piece appear to have a shiner, although not polished look, but the body and head are definitely flat. :thinking: Also, both had a fair amount of scratches on them...even for titanium (I know it scratches easily) I was surprised new lights were this way. The clip screws were a little rough as in tightened too much and chewed up a bit from the force. The + battery contact on both examples looked "dirty" and "grimy" and no matter how much I tried to clean kept the appearance; the lights however function perfectly. All my other eagletacs have a nice & shiny + contact on the head.

I can't complain as I bought them for $40 a piece, but it just made me wonder if a factory didn't delivery sub par to standards and ended up giving them dirtcheap to ET and they were released cheap on the market. I know they have to make room for the new 2015 models, but $40 a piece sounds like a hell of a deal! :thumbsup: And with an AD still having 30+ of the model which was sold out elsewhere, kinda made me think must be a new batch (or late) if they're still floating around in oct, 2015?

Just curious if others are a little rough looking or if its just me!

Diehard ET fan, D25A2 is my favorite of my 13 models :naughty:

The D25A2 and D25LC2 have no preflash, but the D25A had a very slight amount...not like a fenix L2D Q5 from the old days, but it was still there...must be the difference between circuits. A400RC in the D25A, A950RC in D25C/D25A2 and the C1500RC/C2000RC circuits in the D25LC2?

PS didnt list the dealers as I'm not sure if they're paying for advertisements here...

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not an ad if an individual does it, is it?

I bought a 2014 ti D25a for $40 as well, and i don't mind saying that mine came from illumn.com. I think it's just overstock stuff they're trying to liquidate since the 2015 le lights are out. I snagged one with a 219b but those seem to be sold out now. They still have some other emitters though.

I'm not normally an ET fan, although I do have several. This one is really a great little light though. Mine had plenty of very tiny microscratches on it, not even really visible unless you're searching, but a few times carrying it and its all evened out anyway. The finish does look even throughout the light though, so I don't know why your head seems different.

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have picked up several of the ET Ti's on sale for around $40 NIB. They were just that, NIB and pristine. Not a mark, snail trail or scratch of any kind. Makes me wonder if you got some return units? Refurbs??

You can always polish them up yourself. Or better idea, take them apart, and heat anodize them. I have been wanting to do that with some of my ETs.

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
That is where I got my XP-G2 models, as of 2 days ago I was told they had over 30+ of the XP-G2. They also have xml2, but it looks like 219 are backordered? I would figure they would just be out at this point.

I can't complain at $40, but it just made me wonder.

I just got a 2015 model from goinggear.com (I know they are a dealer here) in the xpl hi (domeless) and am a little disappointed...just in the fact I heard the xpl hi are excellent throwers, but this example is quite floody like an xml2 -- maybe it's just the reflector and the fact its a x1 AA format :p I've never had an xpl hd or xpl hi, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Charging the 14500 ET batteries, gonna try it outside tonight :D The + contact on the head was just like the 2014 models as looking grimy and it did have light scratching on the body as well, but hey it was polished!

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also bought a D25C in 219B and XML2 from the GGear sale last month. The 219 was a bit dirty on the contacts, but I just sanded it with 600 grit. The tint was not satisfactory, so I replaced it with my own 219B 4k from Illumn. It was as if the existing 219 was lower than 93 CRI. The xml2 unit appears to be exactly the same except for the XML2 and its mcpcb. If Cree doesn't come out with a high CRI XML pretty soon, I may just put another 219 in there. There was no Loctite on the head, making changes easy.

I think the term, "polished" is relative with titanium consumer products. I have watches, bicycles, and now lights in Ti, and yes, it does scratch easily and you may as well get used to it, and/or touch it up with sandpaper yourself every so often. My Eagtacs were more like a cross of polished and lightly brushed/sanded, although the clips seemed a bit more polished. I went over one light with fine sandpaper everywhere, including the clip.

These are are my first Eagtacs, and while I like them, the low brightness levels aren't good for me, and I specifically got these because they said the drivers would dim properly with RCR123s. I would prefer a forward clicky, too.

Last edited:

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Thanks guys for helping me spend another $110 :mad:

JK

Actually I this thread inspired me to snag what I consider a great deal.

soooo because of this thread here, I started my search for the EDC D25A ti Eagtac light and I figured $40 was a smoking deal, so I bought two of them. Free shipping wasn't until I hit $100, so I was looking for something else $20ish and I found this Sunwayman Tomahawk for $30 which seemed to be an even more killer deal than the Eagtac!!!!! :sweat:

Sooo I blew $110, but really, these are such smoking good deals, I don't even care.

I'll cut and paste the post I made in the What's in the Mail over in the General Forums:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Crap! I did it again ....

I need to quit coming to this forum, I'm going broke!

ok, soo these were too good a deal to pass up. I got this Sunwayman C20C Tomahawk for a measly $30 shipped. Here are some pics I stole of it, but first the specs:

Features
CREE XM-L2 LED, with a lifetime of up to 50,000 hours;
Soft-contact Side Switch:
One Turbo mode, three modes constant output, hidden Strobe and SOS (below are output and runtime details by using one 2600mAh 18650 battery)
Turbo Mode: 620 Lumens (for safety's sake, after 5 minutes' turbo mode, the light will go to High mode automatically to avoid over-heat)
Three constant output modes: 410 Lumens (3hrs) – 130 Lumens (10hrs) - 20 Lumens (50hrs)
Strobe: 620 Lumens
Constant current circuit, constant output

Specifications:
LED: Cree XM-L2
Modes: 410 / 130 / 20 lumens
Runtime: 3h / 10h / 50h
Beam Distance: 154m
Water Resistance: IPX-8 2m
Drop Resistance: 2m
Battery Type: 1 x 18650 / 2 x CR123A

Dimensions:
Dimensions: 105mm (length) x 25mm (head diameter) x 24mm (tail diameter)
Weight: 57g (Excluding battery)

Accessories:
Clip, lanyard, holster, O-ring

Strobe and SOS hidden modes

H4W5Jib.jpg

tJh840y.jpg

FyRQvtf.jpg

hi829pH.jpg

3HNIWfD.jpg

Great deal I'm thinking for $30 :naughty:
In a way, I'm breaking out of my Fenix shell .... this will be something new for me.

It's funny, I wasn't even considering this but trying to find something to crank the price high enough to get free shipping. This is what I was originally searching for, and I bought (2) at $40 a pop....

RnoL4Jf.jpg

.... so the specs on that one is:

FEATURES

All-titanium construction
Waterproof (IPX8)
User replaceable glass lens
Turbo boost technology
Battery reverse polarity protection
User removable pocket clip
Tail stand
SPECS

LED: XM-L2 U2
Modes: 0.5 / 9 / 85 / 141 lumens
Runtime: 150h / 20h / 2.5h / 1.3h
Battery Type: AA / 14500
Dimensions:
Length: 3.4 inches
Body diameter: 0.65 inches
Head diameter: 0.7 inches
Weight: 0.85 ounces (without batteries)
Operation
(Basic) Press on the switch button until it clicks to switch on. Press the switch again for off. Access output groups 1 & 2 by tighten or loosen the head. Slightly press the switch to switch between different outputs.

(Advance)
1) Moonlight output - dim or increase the entire output range of the group 1 output. Toggle this setting starting with head loosens, turn on the light, and then repeat tight and loose for three times.

Whoo Hooo ! I think I'm done for a while now. :mad:

Last edited:

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
I find the 2014/2015 D25A Ti to be working nicely with the 14500 li-ion rechargeables. If you haven't tried em' tweedbucket, you should; they can get warm after a little use but giving the light a rest is an easy fix. I think the only problem with smaller sizes like the AA/AAA is no brand name factory makes them, so they are all from china (or most). I've been running Panasonic 18650 li-ion NCR18650B in all my lights, but the 14500/AA I've never found Japaneses made cells, just Chinese...even the EagleTac branded ones are made in china. I can't complain too much as good chinese cells exist...all my Panasonic are actually cells made in Japan by panasonic, but have the protective circuit added in china by a 3rd party company and I haven't had any issues with them. The "head tightened" is the same as the high mode on "head loosened", but the two lower levels do work although at increased outputs from when using NiMH batteries. Going to be one of my main general purpose lights now at work :D Been carrying a Klarus XT15, EagleTac D25A2, Lumintop Tool AAA at work, but hey 4 lights is even better!!! :D :D :D

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they do get rather hot running the 14500s. But isn't that what its all about! Run what you brung! Of course you loose moonlight mode. Without checking I guess it is more like a AA medium. But you don't put the 14500 in side her for Moonlight, you put it in for Sunlight. Dedome that sucker and 14500 in it and you got a nice little Ti rig. The D25C throws like crazy. Only issues mine have is that I have to religiously clean threads. Maybe its because when I EDC, I like to wear dirty jeans and the pocket lint gets all up in there? Ewww!